Options
2»

Replies

• jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sklala wrote: »
    @jazzine1 Thanks, you are right, I should have been more specific with my intention on Calories and Sugar in respect to this forum, I appreciate your clarification. The IP consultant advised that for this program and myself having some Vodka Club Soda will not count towards my calories and carbs as long as it is moderation and I log it, plus she recommends no more than two drinks lol. My bad...

@_nicolemarie_ Thanks for the tip, I am going to see what happens at this weeks weigh in and go from there. Might stop running for a bit.

@sklala Just for that reason (bolded part) I like that program already :D Good luck on your weight loss journey! :)
  • hhackley
    hhackley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I lost 70lbs with IP and have maintained for 4 months. I love that they don't kick you out the door once you reach your goal. It truly is a life style change! I don't regret taking that first step one bit.
  • mziam
    mziam Posts: 8
    Options
    @hhackley‌ Thats amazing, stories like yours keep me motivate... keep up the great work!!
  • jcondeee
    jcondeee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feeling like I hit a plateau in week 2? I lost 7 pounds the first week.. and I'm unsure why I'm not seeing the same results in week 2, my weight in is tomorrow.
  • jcondeee
    jcondeee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of having an alcoholic drink too like I said earlier in the thread but opted not too. My diary is open if anyone wants to look and see if I may have made a mistake this week.
  • mschoendorfer1
    Options
    jazzine1 wrote: »
    mziam wrote: »
    Its more than losing water weight.... You change you eating habits and take in less calories which is the only way to loss weight... Every diet requires you take in fewer calories.... I know people personal that have used atkins and ideal protein took the weight off (50+ pounds) and were able to keep it off... If you go back to your same eating habits as with any diet you will gain the weight back

I think what @Pu_239 meant to say is that the first week of weight loss is usually water loss. And yes as long as you have a caloric deficit you will lose weight regardless how you achieve it. Calories in VS calories out. Good luck!

• mschoendorfer1
    Options
    Calories in vs calories out is not necessarily accurate. Not all calories are created the same.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    jcondeee wrote: »
    Feeling like I hit a plateau in week 2? I lost 7 pounds the first week.. and I'm unsure why I'm not seeing the same results in week 2, my weight in is tomorrow.

Read the thread (esp. Pu-239's post) and you can see why the second week's results won't match the first week.
    You didn't lose 7lbs of fat in the first week.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs calories out is not necessarily accurate. Not all calories are created the same.

Care to elaborate on this one?
    I told a traffic cop the other day that not all miles per hour are the same. He still wrote me a ticket.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Any new updates on your weight loss with IP ??
  • btv007
    btv007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey you guys! I re-started IP on March 4, 2015 and have since lost 13lbs:). My first time on IP was a lot quicker - about a year and a half ago I lost 25 lbs in 5 months but due to stressors and emotional eating off plan, I gained it all back.. But, this is the only plan that works for me and my lifestyle - I truly love the strictness and need it right now. First time around I didn't phase through all of the phases and will definitely do that this time around. I continue to learn a lot about myself and understand what I need to do. My weight loss after the first week has dropped to 1lb per week so Coach has me recording both in my journal and My Fitness Pal and limit carb intake to 40g Max per day so that I stay in ketosis. This week I intend to alternate between restricted/non-restricted snacks as maybe that is holding me back, not sure but hoping for a big loss for my Wk 6 weigh-in. Happy to join groups and link up for support. I love this program -- IP works!!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm really pleased that you have found something that seems to be working for you. I myself eat fairly high protein, but I enjoy carbs (mainly complex carbohydrates) and fit them all into my daily calorie goals. Just remember to drink lots of water to flush the Kidneys. My dad had very painful Kidney stones on a similar diet to the Atkins. Well done and best of luck.