Serious question- preferred body types in opposite sex

Options
jennygarofalo
jennygarofalo Posts: 23 Member
I think women judge other women more harshly than men do when it comes to body types. I think women are the most hardest on themselves. I'm 5 10 145-150 ish. I am too hard on myself. I used to be 120-120 and don't think it will happen again. I have curves and hips and larger upper thighs (Italian!). I'm not firm or muscular yet. My son and his friend were talking in the kitchen the other day and I overheard them. They were talking about butts thighs this and that (20 year old males!). They seem to prefer round booties, curves ect. Women for some reason fight this like the plague. They think they need to have no fat etc to be attractive to the opposite sex.

Myself, I prefer a person with some muscle tone, but I am also a sucker for the teddy bear type. What body type to do you prefer in the opposite sex? I figure we sometimes are too hard on ourselves and it would be fun to hear that everyone does not want a 1% body fat ratio!

Replies

• stephaniejsharp
    stephaniejsharp Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for nice arms...but if the personality is nice then that trumps looks. However, give me a man with dark hair, light eyes, fit body, and a killer smile and I'm putty :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    The responses will all be subjective due to preferences. Where some like the big butt girls with thick legs, others will like just a round butt with lean athletic legs and others will prefer small butt with skinny legs.
    Society has put a big emphasis on females to look as "appealing" as they can going back thousands of years. While back then it was to get married off to a king or someone of royalty, nowadays it seems as a competition of who can get the most hits on their selfies.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    A chick with a nice *kitten*. Nuff said.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Everyone will surely have a different opinion on this , but I do prefer men to be larger. 250lbs and over . I'm not into tiny men at all.
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think you're right, women do judge more harshly.
    In terms of preferences gosh looking at all my serious relationships all those men (3) are like polar opposites!
    I look for a little something in the eyes, shoulders and tall! A man has to tower over me at least a few inches. Otherwise built doesn't matter too much. Like saud above kindness and personality trumps looks.
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    This first thing I notice on a girl are her legs, then her curves. They don't need to be skinny, or have a thigh gap, just need to look good. I prefer if she takes care of herself; most likely a vegetarian or vegan and works out regularly. From there it is all personality and the sex.
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    hmm..
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, we are our own worst enemy at times. I know I am overly critical of myself, always have been. When I was in HS and early college I truly believed I was fat and ugly. Looking back, I now realize that while not everyone's version of beautiful, I was certainly not fat and I was pretty. It is sad that it took 20 years to see that finally! Though, even now as an adult I can't look at myself in the mirror without picking myself apart: tiny eye wrinkles, flabby belly from having kids that I honestly cannot get to go away, cellulite on my thighs, grey hairs popping through....I'll probably never be able to see myself as others may see me.

Anyway, as far as what I find attractive on the opposite sex, I am attracted to fit, health conscious men. I am not looking at body builder types (although nice to see sometimes!), I find men of healthy weight/height proportions with toned arms attractive. Kind personality is a must! You can be the fittest man in the room, but arrogance and ignorance is a big turn off.
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for nice arms, myself xD
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    My dream man: Jason Momoa
    My actual man I wouldn't trade for anyone: Grey-haired, pudgy, only comes to the gym so I don't have another guy spot me on bench

Conclusion: doesn't matter. I go for brains and personality. For that matter, he fell for me when I was at my highest weight and thinks I'm super hot whether I gain or lose. Or at least he's smart enough to say he does! :D

• Jessica_L_E
    Jessica_L_E Posts: 1,969 Member
    Options
    I gravitate toward tall men with facial hair and sometimes bald...but honestly just don't be an a**hole and have a great personality and sense of humor.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Tall and fit, mature, likes fitness to some degree and has to be secure with themselves.
  • katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    Options
    I prefer taller and stockier men. I don't want to feel like I would break them!
  • JeopardyRight
    JeopardyRight Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I like them shoulders myself and large eyes
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    personality.

every time.

pretty boys are pretty to look at, but if they dont have the brains and humor to match mine... well, prettiness only lasts so long lol
  • CiclistaVal
    CiclistaVal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    No preference. A beautiful brain. I've dated different body types.
  • jennygarofalo
    jennygarofalo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My dream man: Jason Momoa
    My actual man I wouldn't trade for anyone: Grey-haired, pudgy, only comes to the gym so I don't have another guy spot me on bench

Conclusion: doesn't matter. I go for brains and personality. For that matter, he fell for me when I was at my highest weight and thinks I'm super hot whether I gain or lose. Or at least he's smart enough to say he does! :D

MMMM....Jason Momoa.

Thanks for the replies. We all need to realize (or I did) there is no "perfect". :smiley:

• ThatDudeDonny
    ThatDudeDonny Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I prefer thick n fit females. as long as they can move their own body weight with ease and aren't gasping for air from performing light activity. curvy and shapely are a definite plus.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I like all shapes and sizes, personality is the key and a lack of emotional craziness is very helpful.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Is this like for when I go through the "drive through" to order a man?