425 to 291 since June 2014

Options
jdorlshagen
jdorlshagen Posts: 6 Member
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
I started my journey before I found Myfitnesspal but it has helped me get where I am today.

I started dieting after returning from a family vacation and seeing the pictures from the trip.

I started a diet consisting of 1600 calories a day on June 15 2014 at 425 lbs and size 58 pants 5x shirts, at first I was writing everything down until someone I know told me about this app for smart phones called My Fitness Pal which has made this journey even easier for me.

I am now down to a size 44 waist and 2-3 x shirts.

My goal is to get to 200 lbs I am hoping to reach it by fall of this year the first 100 lbs came off pretty easy the next 34 came of grudgingly slow but now with spring here and good weather finally I am hoping the weight continues to come off a lot easier than the last 34 lbs have as I am getting even more active.

Replies

• Steve29889
    Steve29889 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal...jus stared though...430 to 200.
  • jdorlshagen
    edited April 2015
    Options
    stick with it I cut out most processed grains (except pasta) and soda, I also now pay attention to serving size vs calories.

I have used Healthy choice meals a lot as well as they are easy to fix (4 minutes in microwave for most of them I eat) and you don't have to stir them midway of cooking and they are very satisfying. Most of their meals are between 220-350 calories,

I also could not have done this without the help of my wife who puts up my daily garbage of constantly asking her calorie counts of her recipes...lol

• Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! You must feel fantastic :) Thanks for posting you are very inspirational.
  • xxConnie16
    xxConnie16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations! :)
  • jdorlshagen
    Options
    Definitely feeling better but still anxious and apprehensive about meeting my goal.
  • kylesolson66
    kylesolson66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Great job! This is simply fantastic! Don't worry, even if it won't go as fast anymore, you'll get there!
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    great job
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow great job. You got this.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! You may hit some more slow spots but keep going.

And compliments to your wife for helping out.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lad :-)
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    nice work!
  • jdorlshagen
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Amazing-way to go. Keep up the hard work!!
  • DZZMBIIZ
    DZZMBIIZ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! Great work☺️
  • allenmac32
    Options
    What you are doing is impressive. I have gone from 222 to 199, I know it may not sound like much, however like they say it is what's inside that counts, my stomach was so hard from stretching that my belly button hurt. My blood pressure was high, and my body ached all the time. I am proud of you, because you are doing something before its too late! I had to figure out that losing weight, and eating healthy is not just for me, it is so I don't drop dead at 48 years old, with a beautiful wife, 5 kids, and 2 grand kids. Best of luck my friend, but as we know there is no luck, by what we are putting in our mouths to eat!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Been there. Check out my profile. It is possible.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!