Craving!

Options
Hello all :-) I am really good all day but then in the evenng I crave Chocolate, I just dont see to have the will power to give ut up how stuoid an I!

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    thats why i use chocolate protien shakes , either replace breakfast or as a snack, give calories which i have a hard time getting enough but learning and it takes care of that pesky chocolate need
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,417 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day. The key is moderation. I have Ghiradelli 60% cacao chips and eat 8 of them (40 calories) as my snack. I also will save room for a Weight Watcher's ice cream bar. These 2 things keep me sane and keep me from binging.
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    Not stupid at all! Thing is, chocolate's not even bad for you. Have a small piece of dark chocolate and savor it :) It's full of antioxidants and pretty low in calories as long as you don't eat the whole bar. I bought Lindt Intense Orange dark chocolate with almonds and ate 1 square every night for an extra 45 calories.

If you're looking for something with more quantity, you can try a diet hot chocolate from swiss miss or a no-sugar-added nesquik chocolate milk for some added nutrition :)
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Fiber one makes thes tasty 90 caorie chocolate brownies... omg are they tasty.. and will help with you craving and give you fiber (which most people dont get enough of)
  • nurse_carolyn
    nurse_carolyn Posts: 348
    Options
    I use the rule "out of sight, out of mind." I don't have chocolate in the house because if I do I'll eat it. This seems to work for me.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Post your daily calories and macronutrients.
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    I tried Dark Chocolate for a while. I find that when I use dark instead of milk chocolate the graving is gone with one small serving. Milk chocolate makes me want more and more, and I have really grown to enjoy dark chocolate very much.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    if you look at my diary i literally have one or two chocolate items every.single.day.

if you're changing it for lifestyle, you're not going to give up chocolate forever. so work a piece here and there into your regular eating habits and you'll have a much happier weight loss journey.
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers ice cream bars are SO good!

I also love VitaMuffins VitaTops - 100 calories, lots of fiber and a chocolate baked goodie!
  • Azzrielish
    Azzrielish Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello all :-) I am really good all day but then in the evenng I crave Chocolate, I just dont see to have the will power to give ut up how stuoid an I!

I think it was on Oprah that I once heard the expression that it takes 21 days to change a habit - now this is essentially bogus BUT I use it all the time because it works on me (I'm sure its just a psychological thing to trick my brain) - it seems much easier to tough it out for 21 days than what sometimes feels like forever.

A couple of thoughts - can you stick to a small amount of chocolate? If so, then just plan it into your calories for the day.

If you cant control your urge and you splurge to the point of eating excessive calories every day then maybe think about giving it up all together. There are a couple of things that are like this for me and I found the longer I went without them the easier it got and the cravings went away.

I truly believe we ALL have the capacity to change if we want to but you have to really want to and you have to draw on all your willpower at first - but it does get easier.

I used to eat a pack of doritos every day and when I gave them up it was tough for a while and I used to think about them obsessively. These days I can have them in front of me and not eat them and more importantly NOT MISS THEM.

Everyone is different - figure out what works best for you and I am sure there will be lots of suggestions for how to cope with your cravings.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    For some people, having a little bit every day or somewhat regularly helps them. For me, just a little bit turns my cravings onto full force. So for me, I have to cut it out cold turkey, just about. If you cut it out of your diet, the cravings will eventually diminish. But it's not easy getting there.

If you are going to indulge, I would suggest the real thing. None of these low calorie diet foods with chocolate. The real thing will be more satisfying.
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I fell in love with Silk PureAlmond Dark Chocolate almondmilk.
    1 cup is 120 calories and has become the after exercise treat I look forward to.
  • kimnaaron4ever
    Options
    Hi. My name is Kim and I'm a chocoholic! Seriously! I've been able to pretty much give up soda (my other vice), but can't kick the chocolate! So, I have found things that are chocolate, but better for me. I love Chocolate Crunch Rice Cakes (60 calories in one) & Fiber One 90 calorie chocolate bars. They usually do the trick when I need a chocolate fix. I also by Slim-a-Bear ice cream snacks like ice cream sandwiches or fudge bars and they are generally 100 calories a snack. So, you see you can still have chocolate and not blow your whole day!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    if you look at my diary i literally have one or two chocolate items every.single.day.

if you're changing it for lifestyle, you're not going to give up chocolate forever. so work a piece here and there into your regular eating habits and you'll have a much happier weight loss journey.

I'm a big fan of the Vita Tops, too! They have 100 calorie and also a 90-calorie sugar-free Vita top that is really good. They also have the 100 calorie brownie that's high in fiber, too.

Fudgesicles are pretty low in calories and sugar-free. I often find myself looking for one of those at night when I'm craving!
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    frozen fudge bars, yo. I haven't seen a single brand w/ more than 100 cals per bar. I like the Healthy brand ones (LOL they are NOT modest haha).
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fiber one makes thes tasty 90 caorie chocolate brownies... omg are they tasty.. and will help with you craving and give you fiber (which most people dont get enough of)

MMM....

I was interested in that, I googled it, says they will be in all stores (most stores), by the end of June.

Yummy!
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

MMM....

I was interested in that, I googled it, says they will be in all stores (most stores), by the end of June.

Yummy!

Costco here has them now. love them