Almost 30 and in the worse shape of my life

Options
my name is Stephanie and I'll be 30 in 28 days. I had an ahh ha moment yesterday as I stood in front of a full length mirror in nothing but my panties. I'm disgusted with my body. I'm 4'11 and I weight 154 pounds.

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The good news is you can do soemthing about it if you want to and it shouldnt take you that long to fix if you apply yourself.
  • Expat4Life
    Expat4Life Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's rough! I had one of those moments a couple of months ago when I had just turned 30 and my doctor said I'm hypertensive (blood pressure too high, mostly from being over weight). We can still get this under control, though! MFP has been wonderful. I've been on here for 7 weeks and lots 14.5lbs. It takes commitment but it totally doable. I'll send you a friend request so we can be motivational friends :)
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yo first of all that isnt even that bad come on!!!!!

Chin up stay positive and do what you need to do to get where you wanna get! :) I always prefer recommending to actually do more cardio - in your case maybe you want a nice toned body that is well defined and believe it or not SWIMMING and CYCLING and RUNNING will help you achieve these goals .

Set a week plan such as this

Monday - rest do some light stretching because its *kitten* monday LOL
    Tuesday - AM swimming - do as many laps as you can for starters as you progress do some easy efforts and medium efforts and heck even hard efforts
    Wednesday - Weight Room - do some squats and glute work as well as legs (quads, hams, calves) for the weights definitely push yourself - do some lght weights but fast and high lik 12-17 reps
    Thursday - Rest and cheat day treat yourself for the days that have passed and the days to come
    Friday - AM Swim easy and quickly change and jump on the indoor bike at your local gym these are my favorite workouts and they TORCH the body calories and burn fat) remember to go at a easy pace but strong enough to build a sweat
    Saturday - AM Running PM Indoor Bike
    Sunday - AM Swimming PM Weight Room

I know it looks hectic going to the gym twice in a day sometimes, but if you commit to this style and get creative you WILL SUCCEED. Every morning you will look at your beautiful self and say HOLY TAMALE somebody call the fire depart cuz I'm about to light this *kitten* on fire

k bye
    xxoxo

You have a cute picture!