having a hard time with meals for breakfast and snacks

Options
mjpisat
mjpisat Posts: 46 Member
Here is a usual day for me eating wise:

Breakfast - Turkey sausage, quaker oats carb control oatmeal
snack - chobani greek pineapple yogurt with a serving of post bran buds
lunch - shake n bake chicken parm with broccoli, baked potato no skin with a little ketchup
dinner - grilled chicken with some other type vegetable

I am usually under the calories I'm supposed to have which are 1500. I am always under my carbs and fat, but over with protein. I do tend to go over the amount of sugar I'm supposed to have mostly due to the greek yogurt.

I work from 6 am until when ever so I have to bring everything. Any suggestions for something I can have for a second snack between lunch and dinner that is low on sugar?

Any suggestions for breakfast?

Replies

• LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    If your on the move like me....
    I highly recommend Subway breakfast sandwicheds (On wheat english muffin only)
    Yummyyyyyyyyyy!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Check out www.snackgirl.com

Love her!!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is granny smith apple slices with natural peanut butter. The peanut butter will up your fat. It is a good balance of carbs and protein and SO yummy!
  • Dreawolf
    Dreawolf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Fruit is always a good choice. I didn't see any fresh fruit on your list.
  • LauriinSB
    LauriinSB Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do activia yogurt mixed with fresh berries (try the peach!) It has way less sugar than the other brands and I think it tastes the best
  • rhawkins26
    rhawkins26 Posts: 22
    Options
    I like having oatmeal for breakfast because it is a) healthy, b) low in calories and c) very filling. The other thing I really like that could be a good snack or even lunch is mixing zero fat yogurt, some fresh fruit, and Kashi GoLean Crunch (1/2 cup) together.

Hot -air popped popcorn might also be something to think about. It helps with the munchies and is filling.

Lots of people also say that sometimes when you think you are hungry, you are actually thirsty. Are you drinking enough water?

Good luck!
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa! Cut up some corn tortillas and stick them in the oven until they get crunchy (450' for around 15 min) I just had a bowl full for only 165 calories and 0 sugar. I get the Lynn Wilson corn tortillas which have 0 sodium as well. I usually make a ton all at once so I always have some on hand.
  • donnantx
    donnantx Posts: 76
    Options
    My favorite snacks:
    raw carrots and FF Sour Cream flavored with part of a dry Ranch dressing packet and Tony Cachere's
    roma tomatoes and cucumbers sprinkled with Newmans own Light Caesar Dressing
    Laughing Cow Cheese spread on Wasa Light Crisp Breads
    String Cheese wrapped with Lean Luncheon Meat
    Chicken Salad (or Tuna) with your choice of crackers
    Cubed Cheese and Slim JIm
    Peanut butter and preserve sandwich (1/2)
    Hope this helps
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :flowerforyou:
  • pattigirl1216
    Options
    Who says you have to have breakfast foods for breakfast? Sometimes grilled chicken, or a tomato salad, or some cheese and an apple will do ya just fine :)