Yet Another newbie:

Options
I just started using myfitness pal on my phone, and here on the site.

Today I started my lifestyle change. It is going to be tough.

6'1 and 275 lbs (39 years old), I would like to get back to my college weight of 175. an even 100.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hluYtvGgx6w/S8C9OQ5PzcI/AAAAAAAAAE8/Hz1T4HanW78/s1600/1-753797

ignore the beard thing, it was a joke for the weekend.

I have a lot of work to do, and I'm planning on using the app, the site, and the community here for help.

Replies

• dianeensey
    dianeensey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good for you! At my heaviest I was 278 and now I'm down to 224. The trick with using MFP is to be totally honest and really measure what you eat.

Feel free to friend me if you want mutual support!
  • zukamaya
    zukamaya Posts: 7
    Options
    Good for you. I just joined myself & I'm in need of a serious change in my life. I'm sure with some confidence, willpower and support we can both accomplish this. Good luck!
  • chardawg80
    chardawg80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just started using myfitness pal on my phone, and here on the site.

Today I started my lifestyle change. It is going to be tough.

6'1 and 275 lbs (39 years old), I would like to get back to my college weight of 175. an even 100.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hluYtvGgx6w/S8C9OQ5PzcI/AAAAAAAAAE8/Hz1T4HanW78/s1600/1-753797

ignore the beard thing, it was a joke for the weekend.

I have a lot of work to do, and I'm planning on using the app, the site, and the community here for help.

You can do it fortworth.....Just stick to it... and as Diane said..be honest

at first it's tedious to measure out everything, but after a while it becomes second nature...I can actually add a lot of it in my head...

the thing that helped me most was that when I read a serving size (for example, potato chips)...I would cut it in half if it were an unhealthy snack....so a serving size of 12 chips I would only eat 6... you'll be surprised at the results...

the other thing I do, is eat on a dessert plate, not a full dinner plate... you put less food on your plate and psychologically your body thinks you ate enough....sounds crazy but it works...

The second week you will struggle a bit as your body adjusts....just fight your way through the hunger...best part about this program is...you can eat what you want...just as long as you stay at or below your calorie requirements...

Touch base with people here...the support you will get from others is priceless...
    I lost 21lbs in 4 weeks....and am about 4lbs under my goal weight...

Best of luck to you!
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Howdy to my fellow Texan!! Hey just bcuz I live in FL doesn't my heart isn't in TX! Feel free to add me.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.

It won't be easy, but it's worth it, and this is a heck of a place to find information, support and inspiration.

If you'd like another friend, just send a request. ~smiles~
  • Cbrownwalker
    Options
    Hi i just started myfitness last week and it is going to be hard for be also. i am at 225, i want to loose at least a 100 pds. i feel the weight in my joints, i am carrying to much. i was goingto have the bypass surgery and got laid off before it could happen. But iwant to be able to run around with my grandkids in the park and have fun, with out feeling like i am going to have a heart attack. I am 48 yrs old. Any friends to help me along this journey would be apprciated.:smile:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I wish you the best on your journey. Send out and accept friend requests. Friends keep you honest! Add me if you like!
  • zukamaya
    zukamaya Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Cbrownwalker,
    I just joined today & I'm also in need of some support. Feel free to add me to your friend's list. We can do this.
    Zukamaya