Some days I still feel fat, ft. The Power of Progress Pictures.

Options
jessieleah
jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
Hey guys! Over the past almost-2 years I've completely turned my life around by counting calories and introducing regular exercise into my routine. I'm a 25 year old female who started around 235 lbs at my peak (at 5'5"), who is currently sitting around 135! The highest official weight I ever logged was 220, though.

I still have more fat left around my lower stomach & upper thighs than I'd like, and that leftover fat ends up making me feel bad about myself on some days.. even when my entire outfit for the day consists of size small/extra small clothes. What the heck! I'm sure many of you have body image issues as well.

Today was one of those days. Today also marks the end of my 9th consecutive month of working out 5x per week, so I took some progress pictures even though I was feeling pretty "meh" about myself. I decided to compare them to before pictures and GEE GOLLY it cheered me up almost immediately. I don't even look like the same person anymore! I've come so far, and even though I haven't hit my goal yet and I still have problem areas, I'm freaking awesome for all that I've achieved so far. Old me probably couldn't even fathom the things I can do now. Run 3+ miles, do chin-ups, pull-ups and push-ups (even military style!).

So, do yourself a favor and consistently take progress pictures from any and all angles and look back on them from time to time. It's an insta-ego boost.

Without further ado, the pictures:

TavwTgE.jpg?1

Replies

• Kphenderson
    Kphenderson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing!!! I think I'll start taking more pics too!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Omg you look incredible!!
  • FariasMomOf3
    FariasMomOf3 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Not fat at all :)
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible.....Congratulations. You look amazing. <3
  • janeanon111
    janeanon111 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tremendous job! You look fantastic and are convincing me to take pictures. Good work!!!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing. I agree, having pictures that show progress is an instant ego-boost. You should be very proud of your success.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Super fabulous
  • katekc22
    katekc22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing! Nice job!!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Gee golly you look amazzzing!
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    you're a stunning girl!! good work!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Omfg! You like so much younger!!! Congratulations lovely lady!!!!!!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yes, totally agree with you. Wearing size small clothes but still feel like I'm fat sometimes. Though congratulations pretty lady, you look fantastic!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing! :-)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Progress pics are such an awesome motivator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LouiseHappy
    LouiseHappy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for posting these! So much inspiration for me and for all to get going. You look amazing!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing progress! Congratulations on your success , your hard work has paid off!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm glad you were able to see the difference. It's a fantastic change! Very well done. :)
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great advice! Congrats on your amazing transformation through your goal setting. I wonder if hormones play a part in our body images. Most days I am feeling really good about my continued weight loss. My stomach is shrinking fast which is awesome even at the small amount I have lost but then one day everywhere I looked I saw super fat. It was strange because I had been so confident and saw myself always, I felt, realistically. Maybe it's outfits or hormones or something. There should be no reason a size small/extra small feels fat.
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Amazing. What a great accomplishment!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!