Tell me about your favorite smoothies!

Options
I do a smoothie every day for breakfast. I try to keep it to about 300 cal... I usually end up throwing in whatever is in the fridge or freezer. I would like to start making them with an actual plan. My all-time favorite is chocolate cherry spinach. Today I made pineapple carrot banana spinach orange, with cashew milk and a scoop of much-too-chalky vanilla protein powder. Thanks for ideas!

Replies

• VillageSmithy
    VillageSmithy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is 375 calories, but swapping out the coconut water for something leaner won't hurt its great flavor. g7okvaap8vxf.jpg
  • VillageSmithy
    VillageSmithy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    kerrifair wrote: »
    I do a smoothie every day for breakfast. I try to keep it to about 300 cal... I usually end up throwing in whatever is in the fridge or freezer. I would like to start making them with an actual plan. My all-time favorite is chocolate cherry spinach. Today I made pineapple carrot banana spinach orange, with cashew milk and a scoop of much-too-chalky vanilla protein powder. Thanks for ideas!

Chocolate cherry spinach sounds terrific. What is your chocolate ingredient, please?
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    kerrifair wrote: »

Milk, peanut butter and banana is my favourite. Can add Greek yoghurt to that too.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My favorite right now I'm really stuck on and never happy when I do something different...I'm sure eventually I'll want other flavors lol

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    50g (or more sometimes) strawberries
    big handful spinach
    1/4 c (56g) plain yogurt

It's plain but delicious. Sometimes if I want it a little more "rich" tasting, I'll add a chunk of banana.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I found a frozen mix with strawberries, blueberries, cherries and kale (no sugar added). I've been throwing that in my ninga with unsweetened vanilla almond Milk and 0% plain Greek yogurt.

Very yummy!
  • kerrifair
    kerrifair Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For the chocolate component of the chocolate cherry, I use chocolate almond milk or chocolate soy. I would love to try it with cacao nibs!
  • nancr2000
    nancr2000 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nutribullet: 2c-ish spinach,1/2c frozen peaches, half banana and coconut water - super good and only 150cal or so. I sometimes throw in a half scoop of protein powder.
  • btlinberg
    btlinberg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Coconut berry banana: scoop out the meat and water from a young thai coconut (or can of coconut milk) and add with a banana and frozen berries with a little water and sometimes flax
  • mitri23
    mitri23 Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein (I use Body Fortress from Walmart)
    1 tbsp chia seeds
    1/2 cup frozen raspberries
    1/2 cup oatmeal.
    1 small banana

I eat it for breakfast and it keeps me full until lunch and i'm a 205 lb man. Plus it has plenty of fiber, protein, and is low in calories. Tastes real good too.

I use the Nutribullet and add water to the fill line.
  • heidio2
    heidio2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    nancr2000 wrote: »
    Nutribullet: 2c-ish spinach,1/2c frozen peaches, half banana and coconut water - super good and only 150cal or so. I sometimes throw in a half scoop of protein powder.

That sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing!
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Half a large beet. And a frozen banana. And 1/4of an avocado.1/2 cup water. Hot pink in color and naturally sweet.