Losing Baby Weight

Options
Hello everybody! I'm Cynthia and I'm ready to drop the weight I gained during my pregnancy. Just had my baby eight weeks ago and I'm horrified to say that I gained almost seventy pounds with her. She's perfectly healthy and happy, so it was worth it! But I'm ready to lose it. I'm currently nursing and sure could use some tips on dieting safely and exercising. I worked out for the first time a few days ago and it's going to be a rough road ahead of me (I struggled a lot). Could use some motivation and support, so add me I'd be happy to offer any help I can to you as well.

Replies

• molaufy
    molaufy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey! Fellow mom losing baby weight. I was about 50 lbs over my goal weight after her birth, and I've now lost 12 of that.

My advice would be to keep the omega 3 fats (nuts, salmon, avocado) and eat meats, veggies and low fruit (as sugars are being tied to fat production). I went dairy and sugar free and that made a world of difference. I continue to eat really clean, which allows me to happily eat til I'm content without a million calories and the processed food that leads to inflammation. I've stopped craving sugar and carbs (though I still eat oats, quinoa and brown rice), and it's gotten so easy.

Feel free to friend me.

You're jumping on it so quickly! My daughter is almost 2 and I'm just now ready to take this challenge on. Be good to yourself- new babies are so much work! :-)
  • Cyncleveland09
    Options
    Wow! 12 pounds is great progress! I'm definitely going to give your dieting advice a try, cleaning up my diet is going to be my biggest struggle. I'm doing something similar for the most part, I need to cut out refined sugars and reduce my fruit intake. I'm doing okay so far but I slip every once in awhile.
    I know it's still pretty soon but I was just starting to feel really lethargic. I'm about three workouts in and I'm already starting to feel better! :)
  • eydiedenise
    eydiedenise Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm still trying to lose my baby weight from 4 years ago! I have lost 5 recently and can't seem to lose anymore. I'm going to consider what you did--lose the sugar and dairy.
  • DreaEder
    DreaEder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Andrea (aka Dre) and I just had my little girl a month ago. I was twenty pounds overweight when I got pregnant and then I put on forty pounds. I had her on March 11th and thanks to breastfeeding I've lost 22 of the pounds I've gained... However I still have 17 pounds to go to reach my prepregnancy weight and another 21 to reach my goal weight. I'm so impatient and I seriously miss my clothes! I feel like the weight is never going to come off!!!
  • zachwyatt0714
    zachwyatt0714 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me. i am looking for other mommy friends also. my baby is 9 months and i still have lots of jelly belly lol and i am also still breastfeeding. 500 extra calories for breastfeeding a day seems to be the magic number everyone recommends, as you dont want ur supply to drop. adjust as nessessary of course :)
  • notinthisgalaxy
    notinthisgalaxy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Jenn, I had my son only a week ago. I am looking for other mommy friends too.
  • loverstreet29
    loverstreet29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Lola, I had a baby a month ago and I put on about 50lbs. It seems so hard to get rid of! I'm breast feeding also, and like Andrea I can't wait to go back to my old body, and clothes!
  • michonamission
    michonamission Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Please add me- had my gorgeous girl 2 weeks ago. And eating what I fancied during pregnancy has made me out in 42lbs- need help getting it off! Xx
  • lleonardo
    Options
    Hi! I am Leoni. I had my little girl 6 months ago. I gained 53 pounds. I lose 33 already, but I am still struggling with the others pounds. I just want to lost 20 ponds more. I cook healthy food and I am going to the gym 4 times a week. I know I will rock it!