I'm newish, been using this on and off a while

Options
I'm about to get serious. I need to lose about 55lbs all together. :happy:

Replies

• Manolapurple12
    Manolapurple12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Yes, I am just getting started as well. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site to track your progress and get encouragement! When I first arrived here I did not understand how this site worked and with the help of some of the members I was able to figure out how to work this program. The biggest thing I learned was to eat back my exercise calories and to get a Heart Rate Monitor to track those burned calories accurately for my body.

I found that when I first started doing the program in eating back my exercise calories that the calculated burn that MFP registered was way too high for me! I was not losing weight until I got the HRM (Heart Rate Monitor), then I started to see good results.

Another thing that has helped me has been to have my Diary public so that others could see what I was eating. I did this for the accountability and encouragement factor. One of the members suggested it and I found it to be one of the biggest motivators for me to do well with my efforts.

If you would like to friend me, just check out my page and I will be happy to support you the best I can!

Best to you in getting started!:flowerforyou:
  • NicoleM2526
    Options
    I just started today and I'm having trouble understanding how the food dairy and exercise dairy work on here. If some one could help i would appreciate it.