Fitness Competition Advice/experience

Options
i am looking into getting in shape and training for a Bikini Fitness competition. I have been working out for the past 8 months... I have put on 20lbs since then. I'm sitting at 140lbs being 5'1" :-( so I need a nutrition plan and workout schedule. I have a two year old and that is mainly my motivation to stay healthy and have this be more of a lifestylechange for myself and my family. I really want to get back into shape. So any advice I would love to hear it!!

Replies

• babyt05
    babyt05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Haven't*
  • 4m4ndaa
    4m4ndaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Meal prep!! All you need is one day a week to get it all together! You can do it!!
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that being a competitor is a very specific goal, and very short term - while it can be a Segway in a longer term journey, unless you are looking to do it over and over don't make it the be all and end all.

Find a good mentor/coach to get you there. Find someone who you trust, who is actually going to be invested in you, who is experienced and qualified. If they give you a plan, 18-12 weeks out, that is just meat and green vegetables, and mountains of cardio, run for the hills.

I'd also recommend taking a longer term approach- eg set a goal 6-12 months away. There are a billion coaches out there who will happily take your money and subject you to something horrendous and unsustainable and ultimately negative for your mind and body. There's a lot of stories out there about bad coaches and I would hate for it to happen to you.

I don't know what country you are in so unfortunately can't recommend any coaches, but please please do your research.