New "Before & Now" Picture - It's a Lifestyle...not a DIET!

Options
Hi MFP friends! This is my "BEFORE" (April 2010) & "NOW" picture of me (May 2011)...after making a LIFESTYLE change, I have lost 61.1 lbs!! Down from a size 16W to a 10!! No matter how much you have to lose...you CAN do it!!

I haven't been on a DIET......I have modified the regular foods that we all love to eat....WHY? Because I LOVE FOOD!! I'm not eating 'pre-packaged' or frozen meals, no dietary supplements to supress my appetite, etc. I can't LIVE the rest of my life doing that!!

* Spaghetti * Burgers
* Tacos (Beef or Fish) * Smothered Toquitos or Burritos
* Chili * Grilled Cheese & Soup
* Sloppy Joes * French Toast

Check out my weight loss story, groceries that I buy (for the meals listed above), and my EATING OUT CHALLENGE!!

Thank you for taking the time to read about it and I hope to inspire and encourage you in your own personal weight loss journey!!

www.kimsjourneytoahealthierlife.blogspot.com

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You give me hope!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You look great! WTG!:happy:
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Thank you !!
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! keep up the good work! i will make sure to read the blog. Thanks!!!
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Can you add my friend valkyrian? She is new to MFP and could use motivational support.
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Looking good Kim! :smile:
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and so have the right attitude!!!! Love it!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Great job Kim and I love your blog :)
  • ams1012
    ams1012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So inspirational!!! Thx for all ur support!
  • kimphillips36
    kimphillips36 Posts: 125
    Options
    Excellent! Can you add my friend valkyrian? She is new to MFP and could use motivational support.

I sent a friend request!
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    Great job Kim and I love your blog :)

Thank you!!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    :smile: This made me smile read your story
  • robston
    robston Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, read your blog and am amazed that so many (almost ALL) of your foods/groceries/snacks/products AND your starting weight are almost exactly the same as mine.

I did low carb in Dec 2003 lost almost a 100lbs, met my husband and slowly gained it back..cause I myself was not able to maintain the low carb for life..I've tried WW a couple of times, but in Jan of 2010, started WW again and from Jan to Aug lost almost 40 lbs..then had emergency appendectomy..and since, have gained 10 lbs back. I decided I needed to once and for all make this a lifestyle change, and joined the Biggest Loser Club online..I'm using it as a guideline, but using MFP as my true log/database of info etc..and I also got a Body Bug and that has been motivating the heck out of me. The last thing I did, was to change my attitude about the process, stop being so darned obsessed, and if I fail at one meal/workout, throw in the towel and say screw it I'll start next week..

I'm on week 4 of trying to eat well each and every day, and if I dont, not to beat myself to a pulp over it, and the very next meal, making that better choice. Also in week 4 of getting up at 4:30am a minimum of 4 days a week during the workweek and hitting the gym with my friend. While I've only lost about 3 lbs in this timeframe, I KNOW that weight training is going to add some "weight" and that eventually it will balance out, so again, changing my attitude about the "process"..and I'm feeling pretty darn good about the whole thing.

I subscribed to your blog, and am looking forward to continued tips/tips/motivation, and would love it if you wanted to add me as a friend..
    I am curious, since your start weight etc is so close to mine..how tall are you :
  • miller32807
    miller32807 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You are truly amazing and you look awesome!!! You have done what I am currently trying to do. I started at about an 18, tight 16 and I can't wait to just reach a single digit pant size!!! lol That will be an accomplishment like no other for me!! You are such an inspiration and thank you so much for sharing your lifestyle changes and accomplishments with us!!
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm loving your blog!!! It's funny how identical our grocery lists are too. Thanks for the inspiration, and CONGRATS on your incredible livestyle change!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!!!
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    You are truly amazing and you look awesome!!! You have done what I am currently trying to do. I started at about an 18, tight 16 and I can't wait to just reach a single digit pant size!!! lol That will be an accomplishment like no other for me!! You are such an inspiration and thank you so much for sharing your lifestyle changes and accomplishments with us!!

Thank you so much for your kind words!! You will reach your goal...just stick with it!!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Same for me...

Ice Cream every day
    Candy Bars
    Cookies
    Steak
    Mexican take out
    Regular Chips

Scales are still going down...

Don't get me wrong, I don't live on junk, but I do indulge here and there.
  • acave9406
    acave9406 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!