hi im new here i need some motivacion i need to lose 120 pound

Options
Hi mi name is yusel I'm 6 feet tall I weight 322 pound and I have diabetic and hi blood pressure and I need to lose 120 pound so tthe diabetic and the high blood pressure goes away any help pls I realy need to lose that weight to be more healthy

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    What is your plan? What are you changing in your lifestyle?
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Only you can motivate yourself, but the nice people here can help give you advice on how to create a strategy that will work for you. But you have to do the thinking and planning for yourself. Do you really want this? Start with small changes, be patient, and stick with it.
  • yuselRivera
    yuselRivera Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • yuselRivera
    Options
    I dont have plan right now im jusbstart diet and going to the gym
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Are you under a doctor's care for your diabetes and high blood pressure? Please read all the stickie posts at the top of the forum. Also read this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

How many calories per day is your account setup to eat?
  • Misshelgeson
    Misshelgeson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race don't get discouraged I gained seven lbs when I started and only make one change at a time so you can stick with it small goals are easier 10 minutes on the treadmill and work your way up replace bad behaviors with good ones good luck
  • gavyn02
    gavyn02 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey buddy, good effort starting out. It's always really hard. The only motivation you need is to keep your eye on what you want. You just told the forum you want to lose 120lbs, so whatever your motivation was that lead you to post that, should be the overruling factor. The most sensible way to achieve that would be to set some mini goals, that could be making small changes in your diet such as eating a healthy breakfast only for one month and training once a week. Then once you can manage that increase it to a healthy lunch and working out twice a week. Small changes over time are what leads to success. As for weight loss goals you shouldn't aim to lose more than 1-2lbs a week meaning you have 60 weeks or just over a year to do it. It may seem.like a lifetime away but it really isn't. If you need away ny help with your training just shout. good luck
  • dab5
    dab5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Yusel. I need to loose 80 to 90 pounds, so you see you're not alone. If you need support, send out an SOS. You should look up a few diet choices on the Internet, see what you think you can stick with.
  • yuselRivera
    Options
    Thanks guys I realy going to work hard I know is not easy but is not imposible I need somting I been eating 1500 to 2000 colories a day is that ok so far I lost 9 pounds in 10 day
  • jwalters1805
    jwalters1805 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I realy going to work hard I know is not easy but is not imposible I need somting I been eating 1500 to 2000 colories a day is that ok so far I lost 9 pounds in 10 day

You could probably eat more if you're feeling hungry. I am 5' 11" and started at 320. I started out eating about 2500 calories or more depending on exercise. If you cut too far you run the risk of binging. I'm at 230 now and am losing on 2150 cals a day with just walking a fair amount.
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just don't give up!!!! If you have a bad day, try again! That is my best advice. Also, have some non counting days...helps keep me focused for 85% of the time.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Just keep tracking and keep moving!
  • njgange
    njgange Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! One day at a time.
    I started with a challenge. 20 days 20 minutes of movement everyday for 20 days. Not to hard to do. Good luck
    I believe you can do this.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Edited
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Go get it!