2 months in and I've lost 25 lbs

Options
lizbeth436
lizbeth436 Posts: 40 Member
I decided in March 2011, a little over one year before my wedding, that I was tired of being fat and wanted to look good for my wedding. I have Hypothyroidism and have been over weight all my life. Here lately I've been feeling tired all the time and I've been having problems keeping up with my 4 y/o daughter. I want to be a good example for her.

I started in March in a size 24 and in just 2 months I am down to a size 20. My goal is to be a size 14/16 by my wedding.

The thing is that, after losing 25 lbs I don't really feel any different. No one in my family has noticed that I've even lost weight. I don't know if its because it's not noticable or if its bc I am still wearing my size 24 clothes. I haven't taken recent pictures of myself because I'm afraid that I'm not going to notice a difference.

Replies

• mickey120
    mickey120 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm sure there is a difference whether big or small. The main thing to remember is you're on the right track to changing your life! Even if you don't see a difference you should take some pics still b/c slowly over the course of time, you will for sure notice little things change. Keep it up, and way ta go :)
  • Soon_to_be_Rigby
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations, and Keep up the good work!
  • Jessvaliquette
    Jessvaliquette Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    hey I am down 22lbs and honestly no one has said a word to me either, sad, I thought I looked good but no one else even noticed but that just motivates me to go on and loose more, dammit these people will notice, lol. Just keep going and on your wedding day everyone will freak out at the difference. good luck.
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!! That's wonderful. You may not yet notice a big difference but if you keep it up, you will. Many people on this site recommend taking their measurements as a way to "see" the difference when it's not as obvious to your eyes. Anyways, 25 lbs is a terrific start, and you should be very proud!!
  • lizbeth436
    lizbeth436 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe I will have the courage to post pictures after 4 months. Even thought I get discouraged sometimes, I will keep going because I know this is what's best for me, my daughter and my fiance.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 over 3 1/2 months, and no one has said anything to me, either (and they don't see me every day).

Don't get discouraged. You will eventually see that difference. You've already seen it in your pant size!

Good job and keep it up!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You know, people might have noticed but just aren't saying anything. I work with my fiance and he has had coworkers coming up to him asking if I've lost weight, but none of them have said anything to me directly. I think some people are just scared of bringing up the topic!
  • mrdalton
    mrdalton Posts: 97
    Options
    Dont worry if no one has noticed - 25 pounds is a huge difference and I am sure it wasnt easy to get there. But you did the work and you deserve a huge pat on the back. Keep it up!!!!!! I have a long way to go myself and would love to be your friend and cheer each other on. :)
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I find the same thing....but I did come across this posting and it really puts it in to perspective. The more you have to lose....it will take longer to start noticing but don't give up because eventually it will be just flying off!! You're doing a great job!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/164910-paper-towel-theory?hl=paper+towel#posts-2196691
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey - great job! 25 lbs is amazing! And what's more than that is the pant size. Congrats! Just stay the course and you will continue to have success. I would also recommend taking measurements. Sometimes they can give a more accurate picture of your journey than weight.
  • rwuchic
    rwuchic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I was still wearing my old clothes. I started wearing clothes that actually fit and weren't falling off and people started to notice at work.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I decided in March 2011, a little over one year before my wedding, that I was tired of being fat and wanted to look good for my wedding. I have Hypothyroidism and have been over weight all my life. Here lately I've been feeling tired all the time and I've been having problems keeping up with my 4 y/o daughter. I want to be a good example for her.

I started in March in a size 24 and in just 2 months I am down to a size 20. My goal is to be a size 14/16 by my wedding.

The thing is that, after losing 25 lbs I don't really feel any different. No one in my family has noticed that I've even lost weight. I don't know if its because it's not noticable or if its bc I am still wearing my size 24 clothes. I haven't taken recent pictures of myself because I'm afraid that I'm not going to notice a difference.

First of all...25 pounds is awesome! If you don't think so, go to the store and look at 100 sticks of butter. That is what you lost so far, Congratulations!!!

Second...if you are down to a size 20, then start wearing a size 20. I didn't see it in myself, until I started wearing clothes that actually fit me correctly.

Third...for us bigger people, 25 pounds isn't seen very well to the average eye. I started measuring myself, so that I could "visually" see the change versus the numbers on the scale.

Fourth...friend me if you want! I will help motivate, push, love, and guide you to your goal.

You are doing wonderful!!! Be proud!!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    25 pounds is a great success! i couldn't tell any difference, other than that i took before pictures and i've been taking progress pics so i can tell a slight difference. keep it up, you will totally be able to tell a huge difference when you meet your goal and it will be so worth it! :-)
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It took at least 35 - 40 lbs before anyone said anything and even now at 55 down, so many people don't say a word. I've no idea if people don't notice or are cautious about saying anything. My family have now only just starting saying anything, but people at work... not a word!! In a way, I'm quite glad I don't have to talk about it though - happy just to plough on and take my satisfaction from knowing I'm on the right track.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    ProudMomoftwo Posts: 525
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. I have lost 30 lbs and no one has noticed yet... but I HAVE.
    My shoes are fitting better, my tops are fitting better, my under-things are also fitting differently.
    I am in pants I haven't seen in quite awhile but I am still in size 18s. I have more pep-in-my-step and more energy.
    I am liking myself again and the choices I make every day ( food and exercise choices). I like that I have stopped making excuses.

My doctor says that we will see it before anyone else will. He says that others won't see it until we lose 25% of our total body weight. I know! ( i started doing the math in my head too ).

Keep whittling away at the extra lbs everyday and you will get there.
    You are doing great - so keep it up.
    We are here for you.

Keep on ...keepin' on....:flowerforyou:
  • sgarner2005
    sgarner2005 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!! That is awesome!!!!! Good for you girlfriend!
  • kelsey054
    kelsey054 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congrats lizbeth! Keep up the work. I work in retail (for us big girls, we all know what Catos is...) anyways, I see women all the time that come in where clothes too large for them. After I get them into the appropriate size clothing they look AMAZING....I believe you deserve a new wardrobe for you hardwork.
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    Congrats! 25 pounds is a lot, you should be very proud. Family who sees you often may not notice simply because they see you so much. Wait until someone you haven't seen in a while sees you, I am sure they will notice!
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 25 pounds is a great accomplishment. Who cares if people notice? I know it's nice to be complemented on your hard work but hey you know what you've done and you should never base your accomplishments on what other people think or do. Keep at it, maintain a healthy lifestyle and a healthy attitude and people will notice. It comes around.

cheers
  • tushar05
    tushar05 Posts: 25
    Options
    Great Job, Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!