NSV - Non Scale Victories?

Options
There are times we get so frustrated that when we step on the scale, we either see the numbers stay the same or go up. But what I want to know, if there are any of you out there with the NSV. FOr example. I have been using MFP for almost two years. One would think, I should have met my goal. But nope. Only down 40lbs. But I have had my share of NSV. My face has thinned. I have gone down in 2 sizes in pants. From 22 to 18. My tops have gone from 3x to 1x or large. I feel better in my clothes. How many of you have had this victory? Its not always about the scale or the number. Its how you feel in the end.

Replies

• aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I can carry around heavier things. I am wearing smaller clothes. Just today I bought a size medium workout pant. I've never bought mediums before.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    O m gosh! Nsvs are so important! I would get discouraged after not seeing results and quit and come back etc. Well this time I took pics and I looked back and I saw it! Definition slowly appearing, toned muscles popping! Endurance I can run! Not fast mind you! Or too far but I can run and do jumping jacks! Today I slipped into a 14! What! I have not been there in 7 to 8 years! And I am heavier then I was then! I can outrun my 12 year old! I can get on the floor and crawl around with my son. I can chase my girls! I can walk 13 miles! I am proud of myself! I love ave more energy! I want to be moving or outside all the time! I feel happy and that is my biggest nsv of all!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I no longer need asthma medications nor do I have panic attacks

i can almost do a pull-up

I can squat 65kg for 3 sets of 12

The sports department at the school I work in told me that they have used me as an example "if she can do it, what are you complaining about?"

I turn heads when I walk down the street in jeans and a t-shirt again...look, I'm a 47 year old mum of 2, I'm gonna take it where I can get it :wink:
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I no longer need asthma medications nor do I have panic attacks

i can almost do a pull-up

I can squat 65kg for 3 sets of 12

The sports department at the school I work in told me that they have used me as an example "if she can do it, what are you complaining about?"

I turn heads when I walk down the street in jeans and a t-shirt again...look, I'm a 47 year old mum of 2, I'm gonna take it where I can get it :wink:

I can't wait to bulk so I can be a boss like you haha. Also I wish this journey helped me get rid of panic attacks :(
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My face is thinner and my size 36 jeans are actually loose. A couple of years ago I couldn't even get close to fastening them. In fact I bet I can even get into a size 34 pair. Next time we go shopping I'm going to try!
  • erincricket
    erincricket Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I randomly bought a pair of size 10 pants at a garage sale and they fit. As in, they buttoned and I didn't feel suffocated.

My arms look smaller, and my face looks thinner.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5 weeks into using MFP and Fitbit but I'm already getting NSV's. Two weeks ago I had to adjust my belt one notch tighter, then two days ago that wasn't even tight enough. I need to buy a new belt!
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Almost 7 months ago I was wearing a size 26 right after my second pregnancy. Today I was able to wear a size 18 jeans from Forever 21 plus section. I'm beyond happy! I thought I wasn't making much progress but I have been. I'm cleaning out my closet and getting rid of the old.

Another is being able to go up 40 mins on the stair master at lever 2/3. When I first started the stair master I could barely make it a few mins on level 1. I can't wait to push myself harder each time.
  • kate_19o
    kate_19o Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My biggest NSV of late is that I can finally do proper push up's - no longer on my knees! (I may only be able to do 10 before crying but hey, lol)
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I went for a mini hike with toddler yesterday. Running up hills, bounding up stairs, clambering all over the place and I wasn't once out of breath!
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I can wear my son and walk for 5 miles without getting out of breath or even feeling like hes too heavy.

My wedding ring is super loose for the first time in over a year.

My clothes fit better.

Face, legs, and arms are all thinner.

I went from an XL in yoga pants to just an L.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Went from 40" waist pants fitting snugly on me, to size 36's that are actually quite loose.

My progress pictures are far more impressive than what the scale says I lost.

I finally hit a one plate squat, and I can just about deadlift my bodyweight.

More energy to annoy my coworkers with at 7am, and its really helped me manage my anxiety/depression.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I was really sick last year and my asthma had gotten very bad. Now I very rarely need my inhalers, and can exercise for over an hour easily, compared to wheezing after walking down the road in September.

I'm able to push my body and am getting strong! It's nice knowing I can do ab moves that my aqua instructor even struggles with.

My clothes are all too big, even the jeans that I bought 2 sizes too small a few months ago.

I've found out that I've inspired others to lose weight and get in shape, which means a lot to me. :)
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My NSVs have come from my running. This time last year I didn't run and was pretty depressed. But I've run three races since November. Last month I placed first in my age group in my first 5k and this weekend placed first overall in my first 10k!

I can also run 14 miles, no problem these days. :smiley:
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    "Why are you holding your stomach in?"

"I'm not."

"Oh."
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My NSV has been that last week I got into and comfortably wore to work a pair of trousers that 6 months ago I couldn't zip up more than half way :) Thank you Shaun T and Insanity!!!! (1 month to go :))
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Mine were running a mile straight between 8-8.23 and perfectly guessing my food weight. When I put it on the scale it was perfect!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm not completely off my asthma medication; but if I forget to take it, my recovery is much easier and faster than it used to be. I'm down from size 16 pants to size 2. I bought SHORTS yesterday, for wearing out in PUBLIC. I had to have my rings resized, because they would actually fall off when walking. And I am actually starting to enjoy exercise
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Went to the park with my kids twice last week and chased them all around. Climbed hills, followed the stream, checked out the new disc golf course (I may need to see about trying to play that sometime. Looks fun.) And I was never out of breath and wasn't wiped out when we were done. Last year I'd have been miserable, sweaty and would have made the kids leave in less than half the time.