Still going...YAY

Options
kmphoto
kmphoto Posts: 7 Member
I know it has only been a week and most of that week I haven't stayed under my calories goals. But I am very happy to say that I have logged and counted my food for the whole week. Saturday was a doozie, as we at out at Lucille's. As hard as I tried to order good things I still wanted to enjoy my baby back ribs. But instead of mashed potatoes and mac and cheese or baked beans I got corn on the cob and cowl slaw and ate 1/4 of what I normally eat. I also got a skinny margarita instead of my usual sugar filled martini. However, it was amazing to see the calorie content add up after I put in what I ate. Woozers, I used to eat like that everyday, explains so much. Ekk. As the days have gone on I have found it easier to figure out what works for me and what makes me full all by tracking it. Even if I know it was bad or I will be way over my calorie allowance. I love the ease of the inputting. I have tried other calorie counters online but this one is so easy to use and most foods I search for are there making it so easy and not frustrating.

On another note I started exercising this week. Yesterday was my first experience at Bikram Yoga. A room set to 106 degrees and yoga poses. Yikes. I made it though, didn't leave the room which is a huge accomplishment for most first timers. Hopefully by next week I can actually start doing the yoga poses without feeling like passing out or throwing up. I was only able to participate in the poses for about the first 20 minutes of the 90 minute session, but continued to sit in the room to get used to the heat so I can improve and do more with each session. Need less to say, I am soooo out of shape, poses that should be so simple were difficult and got my heart rate going, and it had nothing to do with the heat. So hopefully next time I will be able to participate for the full 90 minutes and before I know it be able to do all the poses with ease. I think I am just as excited about being more flexible as I am about losing weight, lol.

Till next week.....

Replies

• Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sounds like you are making all the right steps =) Best of luck to you!
  • Jebber99
    Jebber99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats. It sounds like you are off to a good start. My hat is off to you on that extreme yoga. My son did it and he lost a ton of weight. Too much actually. Keep us posted.

Janice
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Way to get started, and way to stick with it. Before you know it everything becomes easier, counting calories, excercising, eating healthier. Best of luck and congrats. :smile: