No weight (fat) loss for 6 months - despite eating clean and working out

Options
My calorie intake is between 5000 - 6000 KJ. I eat clean, highly protein food, few carbs and a lot of vegetables (no fruit, I don´t like it) - my intake is approximately 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs. I drink at least 3 litres of water, most of that is a green tea. No sugar, no junk food, no processed food. I sleep 7-8 hours per day. Work out (HIIT - high intensity interval training, also called tabata) 6 times per week. And after 6 months I cannot see any change.

It is not just 6 months I have this lifestyle.
I have been working out regularly for 3 years, eating clean for 2 and half years.. and had no problem with body fat, had six pack.. But I started to eat junk food and gained a lot of fat (while still doing workouts). So I still have good muscle base (six pack as well), but a lot of fat too.

I am eating clean with keeping eye on my calorie intake for 6 months while still exercising. I have no stress. And I cannot get rid of the fat. No changes since October. On scale even I cannot see any change in my clothes.

The only change I can see is that my muscles are stronger and stronger (even though I had strong muscles before).

I feel fit, but when I look into the mirror, I cannot believe what I see.
I cannot imagine living without this lifestyle. Just sometimes feel frustrated.
Please, don´t comment my period of eating junk.

Thank you for advices and any help.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well, firstly, you don't need to eat clean to lose weight, so it's not about eating clean or eating junk. It's just about calories. Are you weighing everything you eat? Interesting that you measure it in KJ and not calories.

If you are weighing and you're sure about the calories you're eating and burning then you need to eat less as you're in maintenance.

Edit: I just worked out your calories, 5000-600- KJ is 1195-1434 calories, which is not very much at all, especially if you're working out a lot. If you truly are eating that many calories and working out and not losing weight I'm very surprised. What're your stats? Height, weight, age?
  • finding_ways_not_excuses
    Options
    Yes, I am used to weight everything I eat. I do it for 3 years. And I count it in kJ. As I wrote it. I keep eye on my kJ intake. And I don´t think I can eat less. I am 182 cm (5,97 foot) tall and my intake is 5000 kJ (1195 kcal) - what is in my oppinion really small intake.
    finding_ways_not_excuses Posts: 27 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am 5,97 tall and my weight is 185 pounds. I gained approximately 44 pounds. And I am 24 years old
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much for your calorie expenditure

either logging food badly (you need to weigh all foods and double check entries) or logging too much for exercise burns

probably a little of both

Pcheck the calorie counting 101 thread
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Open your diary for specific advice
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    Yes, I am used to weight everything I eat. I do it for 3 years. And I count it in kJ. As I wrote it. I keep eye on my kJ intake. And I don´t think I can eat less. I am 182 cm (5,97 foot) tall and my intake is 5000 kJ (1195 kcal) - what is in my oppinion really small intake.

Yeah, it's a tiny intake, I wouldn't recommend going less. If you're truly eating that much and not losing weight maybe you need to see a doctor. See what other people on here have to say.
    Options
    Well, I eat the same amount and food that I had been eating while I had 20 kg (44 pounds) less. Even at that time I was using scale. So.. I don´t get it where is the problem.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Well, I eat the same amount and food that I had been eating while I had 20 kg (44 pounds) less. Even at that time I was using scale. So.. I don´t get it where is the problem.

in the absence of any medical condition .. it's your logging
    Options
    DemoralFairy
    I think so. I am suspicious I have some problems with hormones (thyroid). And I must wait until june until the examination.

And it seems to me too long. I am waiting since january!!!

I even tried to increase my intake (maybe my metabolism is used to so few kJ).
  • DemoraFairy
    Options

So 1200 calories was maintenance for you then? That definitely doesn't sound right, especially given that you're so tall and doing so much exercise.
    Options
    Yes, now I know that it wass too less.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you opened your diary we could get a better idea of what you are doing. We get that you dont get where the problem is so maybe give us more of the information we need to se if we cna identify the issue. Otherwise its what the others said. your logging or failing that it might be worth going to your Drs, but it tends to be logging.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Eat less.
    Options
    You can see just last week, since I am new in myfitnesspal.com. I used to write it down on paper before (you can count kJ according to datas that are written on product). The names are in Slovak language (cause I live there).
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    You need to set your diary to open to public
    Options
    I already did. Try again, please.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This may be a stretch to you, but

Eat MORE. Like, a lot more.

When you deprive your body so much, you can actually slow or stop your weight loss progress.
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options
    I see a few 'generic' entries in your diet. In order to be as accurate as possible with your logging, you need to enter the brand you're eating. Different brands will have different calories/nutritional information.

If you can't find an entry for the food you want to enter, you can create one yourself so long as you have the packet to hand. It would really just be entering the data from the packet which is easy enough - and if you eat the item quite frequently, then you can use this created entry again and again. There are lots of helpful threads on logging accurately:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

Options
    Update.
    Generic entries included meat - chicken breasts - so it doesn't matter.

I have PCOS, so health issue, that's why I struggle with losing weight.