Good bodyweight workout for heavy newb?

Options
I'm just not starting working out i was wondering if there were any good bodyweight circuits or pyramids for fat loss

Replies

• Kenellen1
    Kenellen1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good morning...by far I am no expert...I don't have a specific exercise routine to provide, but can recommend you start slowly...a little more each week is much easier in the body and motivation that jumping in and then hurting yourself...if you can find a rehab type physical therapist, they are great for doing an assessment and then providing a SAFE workout...you can check back with them every so often for revisions or issues...the down side is it costs a little money, but the upside is they know what they are doing and will save you from injuring yourself...good luck on your journey!
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    go to www.nerdfitness.com and have a rummage around. They have a great bodyweight workout on there somewhere. There's a beginners one and an advanced one. It's also an awesome site. :)
  • amitkatz0
    amitkatz0 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The best thing for fat loss is a proper diet, read up on some nutrition basics. As far as exercises go, the rule of thumb is: cardio for burning off excess calories eaten, strength training for general fitness and preventing your body from breaking down muscle mass during calorie deficit periods.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Nerd Fitness Beginner's Bodyweight Workout. It's a great starter.