xbox 360 Kinect

Options
Hi all

Has any one used Your Shape on the Xbox with Kinect?
I use to use the Wii but started cheating, I have been told that Kinect is much better.
Look forward to reading your comments.

Jacqui

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    It is tons better than the Wii, it actually scans YOU into the game, and the movement sensor is better than the Wii (we have both), it also monitors to make sure you are doing the movement correctly and gives you coaching, its a lot like a workout video, I recommend it.
  • lilscotslass
    Options
    I've tried the Your Shape trial for Kinect, and it was okay, hard to tell with just a trail of one game. It uses the camera to scan your body too, so it's a bit harder to cheat than with the wii! Personally though, I prefer Dance Central for Kinect as it feels more fun while still getting a work out. Having had a wii before the kinect, I'd say it's worth getting Your Shape. :)
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    srry! hope you don't mind me hijacking yr post! but would like the same kinda answer!

I have EA sports active for the Wii, which I'm enjoying, but I'm wondering if its worth me PX-ing my Wii and all games and accessories for an Xbox With Kinect, so that I'm getting better form and more accurate readings etc!

Thanks!

Won't intrude anymore! promise!! :D

xx
  • SlimJacqui
    SlimJacqui Posts: 29
    Options
    HI all

Thank you for your replies.

I will purchase Your Shape and report back here how I get on.

Thanks again

Jacqui
  • SlimJacqui
    Options
    Hi Ales1979

No worries about hi-jacking post, glad to be of use, lol.

I am going to part exchange my Wii for the Kinect and Your Shape, the positive replies on here and what I have seen on You Tube, it looks like the idea think for me, as I cannot make the gym due to shift patterns and other excuses.

It would be interesting to see how you get on with Kinect if you do PX.

Take care
    J
  • SlimJacqui
    Options
    I brought the Kinect and Your Shape Fitness elvoled and it's brilliant.
    You can really tell you have had a workout and unlike the Wii, I dont think there is any way to cheat as the camera watches your every move.
  • SlimJacqui
    Options
    I brought the Kinect and Your Shape Fitness elvoled and it's brilliant.
    You can really tell you have had a workout and unlike the Wii, I dont think there is any way to cheat as the camera watches your every move.
  • justcraziness
    Options
    I love the Your Shape with Kinect! There are so many things you can do to switch up your routine, and you can download extra games with microsoft points also. I like the cardio boxing once you get it on a high enough level to move faster.
  • ales1979
    Options
    Great!! So pleased you're getting on well with it!! I'm seriously seriously considering PX'ing now!!! Thanks everyone :) xx
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I know this has nothing to do with your question, but if you have Xbox Live, you should download the free trial for Dance Central. You will fall in love with that game, and it's such a great workout!
  • SlimJacqui
    Options
    I now have the BIggest Loser for the Kinect, its nice to have a change now and then and they both work you out.
  • ales1979
    Options
    oh cool :)

Glad you're gettin on well with it!! I've got the Xbox now, but I'm waiting for my birthday (in a couple of weeks) to get the kinect and a couple of games! so I'm gonna be guided by your comments :) x

thankyou x
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I use Dance Central for the Kinect and I LOVE IT! such a good workout. The best part is that it tracks your calories based on your weight and the amount of movement you do with your whole body the WHOLE time the song is playing. It is great cardio, highly recommended :)
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Kinect in general is a ton better than Wii, it really makes you sweat!!
  • ales1979
    Options
    bump
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I prefer EA Active 2.0 over that one. Way more exercises to do and the HRM makes it a little more accurate.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I use Dance Central for the Kinect and I LOVE IT! such a good workout. The best part is that it tracks your calories based on your weight and the amount of movement you do with your whole body the WHOLE time the song is playing. It is great cardio, highly recommended :)

I was looking at getting Dance Central.... I didn't know it also trackes calories!? :-D