weekly weigh in day

Options
It seems like MFP members either measure every day (and of those members lots measure a.m. and p.m.) or once a week. If you are a once a week weigher, which day do you weigh on and why did you pick that day?

Replies

• Jessikin13
    Jessikin13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Friday, it helps me to stay on track during the week and not order take out or snack mindlessly because I know I have to weigh on Friday. And I usually have one splurge meal or two over the weekend and I don't want to get myself all worked up by weighing in after one not so healthy meal
  • polly1970
    polly1970 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Saturday mornings. Because sometimes I will go out to eat on Saturday nights or Sunday morning for brunch and will eat more sodium than usual, or have a drink with alcohol and I've found that those 2 things make the scale a little 'off' for the next day. This way, I feel I get the truest reading that reflects my week of sticking to my plan.
  • rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only log twice. I used to do it on Monday until I realized that it would be seriously skewed if I had a lot of sodium over the weekend. I switched to logging on Wednesdays and Sundays. I like having a midway point to see progress and then one on the weekend to see if I need to work harder the next week. it has been working better for me than just logging once a week.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning because I have my treat day set for Saturday. Gives me enough recovery time if I need it. Just seemed like the logical last day of the week.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I like the Saturday logic. I just went through my daily weigh in's to see which day of the week my all time low's fell during my dieting (this time). I did not include the first 2 weeks since (I heard) that so much water and junk is lost in that period) so since Feb 4th I have had 22 days that were my lowest weight days up till that point. 6 of the weights were on Thursday, Wednesday and Friday tied with 5 each, Saturday came in fourth at 3, and Monday Tuesday and Sunday all came in with 1 each.

I have also found that my low days have come in days of 2, 3 and 4 days in a row. I know daily weighing can be nerve wracking for many, but in looking back since Feb 4th, if I was weighing once a week (picking any day) I would have missed some days that really motivated me by seeing the work pay off on the scale.

Just another fun thing that I have enjoyed discovering while joining MFP.
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sunday. Sunday's are the least likely to be busy for me, so I can always stick to weighing in on that day. Weekdays are too hectic.
  • BiboPineNut
    BiboPineNut Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Tuesday morning, no reason why.
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sunday
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday morning after I wake up and use the bathroom and before I've eaten my first meal of the day. At one point I weighed myself everyday, obsessing over the number and got to a point where I didn't like what i saw everyday so I found it best to just do it once weekly. I weigh in every Saturday because If i don't lose any pounds or see results, then at least I'll be at home relaxing as opposed to being at work with a bad mood stressed about multiple things.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Fridays so the effect of the previous weekend has been negated.
  • slikorify
    slikorify Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wednesday since I actually look forward to it so it gives me something to look forward to midweek :P
  • BuckyArden33
    BuckyArden33 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Fridays, no real reason
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning, just because.
  • melanie899
    melanie899 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Thursday am. It just happened to be the day I started to get serious about it :)