EASY BREAKFAST IDEAS

Options
Hi,

I'm quite lazy in the mornings and usually grab a large bowl of cereal, but this uses up too many calories (and too much sugar), especially at the beginning of the day, obviously leaving me fewer calories for my other meals and a couple of snacks.

Can anyone please suggest any easy breakfast ideas, which take little effort to prepare or which can be prepared the day before and perhaps reheated?

I will appreciate any suggestions as this is my first day back to this group, and I want to make it work.

Thanks

Replies

• Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I've done a slice of toast with laughing cow cheese spread on it and a slice of smoked salmon? That's one of my favorites. Toast with scrambled egg and salsa is also a good go to for me and super easy since I use premade salsa. Greek yogurt with blueberries and walnuts. Hopefully those are some ideas you can use.
  • SheilaKim1
    SheilaKim1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you Smalic I appreciate your advice. Never thought of toast with cheese spread (much better than cheese on toast), and I like the idea of Greek yogurt with blueberries and Walnuts Thanks
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I usually have either something eggy or a smoothie. Not sure how either works out being warmed up or made the night before.
    My diary is open if you want a nose.
    Egg wise it's either an omelet or scrambled so I use baby tomatoes, spinach or mushrooms to veg it up. Just as quick to wash up a pan and a plate as a bowl after cereal. Keeps me much fuller for longer than cereal.
    Smoothie is thickened with banana with water rather than a milk base.
    I've had other things but these are what I return to. I've stopped eating bread or crumpets at breakfast - I'd have just one egg with those so I've upped the egg. Use less butter that way, I'm not anti carbs.
  • Anselmi20
    Options
    I've been doing 1/4 cp regular instant oatmeal (1/2 cp water) mixed with 1/2 tbsp of grape jelly, one fresh large strawberry and a blueberry (both cut in pieces and added to oatmeal). Cheap, quick, filling, good and easy. Less than 175 cals. :)
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I have been eating leftovers for breakfast. Nothing easier than a quick reheat. :)
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Today I had a breakfast wrap -- Fiber one tortilla, with a sliced hard boiled egg, some baco's (7g), some baby spinach & avocado. Put it together last night, wrapped in plastic & just ate it. Based on the actual weights of everything, it came to 260 calories. A little high in fat, but that will be balanced out later in the day with my fruit/yogurt late morning snack.
    I make a lot of breakfast sandwiches -- eggbeaters, with or without canadien bacon & cheese -- depends on the day, on a light english muffin, round flatbread roll, or light wholegrain bread --usually works out to 200-275 calories. I make them the night before, wrap & reheat @ work (I get in early, so don't eat til 830-9). I occasionally do cereal / yogurt, but that doesn't fill me up as much. Can also do cottage cheese with fruit or toast. Mainly, it depends on if I'm eating at work or home on my day off, & what time I'm eating.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    I eat a quest bar on the way to work in the morning and then usually have a greek yogurt (dannon light & fit 80 calorie is my go to) and a piece of fruit at 10-11am. Lots of protein and keeps me full until lunch. I switch it up sometimes and do oatmeal at work but I'm trying to steer myself from relying too much on carbs like that (instead of fruits and veggies)
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I try and get some protein in the morning to go with my coffee...cottage cheese, greek yogurt or an ounce of cheddar. All around 100 calories (1/2 cup or 1 oz) and all hold me for a few hours until I have an apple and a little more protein.
  • KaneNLN
    KaneNLN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Protein shake
  • TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I got no time to prepare breakfast, so usually I have 1 scoop of whey protein with 250 ml of milk ( ~ 270 cal) or 1 scoop of whey protein with 8 ounces of water and a Chinese black mushroom dumplings (~250 cal)
    I'm in China by the way
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,324 Member
    Options
    I actually hard boil 6 eggs on sunday and leave them in the fridge for one a day w whatever. I busy!
  • Michelle4588
    Michelle4588 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal is a great breakfast, eat it cold, room temp or heated. The ways you can make it are endless, by just viewing one recipe you can change it up to your liking. Like when it calls for milk use almond, coconut etc. When it calls for yogurt, use any flavor you want. Add chai seeds to anything and so on.
  • Michelle4588
    Michelle4588 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    And you can make several days at once.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    What's your target for calories and sugar for breakfast? Two days ago I had a cup (1.33 servings) of a cereal from Kashi and 3/4 cup of 1% milk and it was only 243 calories and 16 grams of sugar. To me that's not much, but then my calorie budget is over 2000.
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My regular breakfast these days:

1/3 cup egg whites (you could use whole eggs too, just scramble them up in the bowl)
    wheat bagel
    slice of cheese (whatever is your preference)

Spray microwave safe bowl or mug with cooking spray
    Place egg whites or eggs in bowl
    Microwave for 1 minute
    Stir eggs a bit
    Microwave for another 30 sec. to 1 minute
    Add to toasted bagel and add the cheese

Easy. And the breakdown isn't bad (approximate):
    Calories: 325
    Carbs: 44
    Fat: 6
    Protein: 26
    Sodium: 590
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Make ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches or burritos, Mcmuffins, make ahead frittata/egg muffins like these quiche cupcakes or sausage cheese and egg bake.

My personal recipe - breakfast burrito
    Sauté onion, pepper, mushroom, spinach. Chop 8 slices of turkey or center cut bacon, and crisp. Cook 8 scrambled eggs, and mix all cooled ingredients together. Lay out 8 large high fiber/low carb burritos (like La Tortilla Factory smart and delicious line or Ole Wellness High Fiber). Divide mixture amongst 8 burritos, top each with 14-28g cheese of choice, and roll into burritos, folding in the sides. Lay seam side down on cookie sheet, and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave wrapped in damp paper towel for 2-3 minutes until thawed or microwave until thawed and crisp in a pan or under the broiler. Options: add in cooked potatoes, vegetables to taste, sun dried tomatoes, jalapenos, hot sauce, or any other preferred fillings. Can substitute 2 egg whites for each whole egg.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like these:
    Oatmeal; I use instant, you can do any flavor or plain and add fruit, nuts, seeds, etc. Really easy to vary each day.

Toast with PB (I sprinkle it with chia seeds often times)

Smoothies\Protein Shake

One egg with fruit of some sort

English muffins

• Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I normally have four breakfast go betweens, all which I normally prep the night before.

Omelette:1 whole egg, 2 egg white with either spinach, mushroom & tomato
    Greek yoghurt with frozen berries or strawberries sometimes will add oats on top.
    Muesli which I premix in large container myself. Oats, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds and cranberries. Higher in calories but tastes good and very filling.
    Smoothie: protein, milk, & berries (if I'm really running late I'll have this one the run)

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Burger King Croissanwich.

• melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    A packet of Better Oats oatmeal with a small sliced banana, 200 cal.

I also like to have an egg with a small slice of some kind of cold cut and a slice of sargento ultra thin cheese on a fiber one sandwich thin, 250-275 cals.