Bfast ideas

Options
c00ncc
c00ncc Posts: 55
Hey everyone...I'm just starting out and so far so good but I need some healthy bfast ideas. Keep in mind I have no time in the morning to cook before leaving for work. So everything has to be done the night before.

Key words...quick and easy and low in cal/fat :happy:

Replies

• TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I do this every day and have been happy with it. Just pour a bowl of Kashi Go Lean and some milk. Then pour an 8 oz glass of OJ or any juice you like. Then add a cup of coffee or tea if you drink either. I add a cookie every morning just to help me from going insane and to resist unhealthy cravings. This averages me a little under 500 calories for breakfast which is perfect for me.
  • sabl3
    sabl3 Posts: 39
    Options
    Well what I do is make stuff on a Sunday and eat it during the week. sometimes I'll make big egg white omelets w/ peppers and onions and low fat cheese and then cut them in half. Each day I will have one half. I also chop up a bunch of fruit and put that on the side as well.
    Of course you can have cereal, i like to use Blue diamond vanilla almond milk instead of milk. It has more calcium and good stuff with only 40kcal per cup.
    Also I will slice a few potatoes and onions and make an egg white fritata. and cut pieces off of that each day.
    Oh! You can always make smoothies but i find those aren't all THAT filling.
    you can make egg white and cheese english muffins and freeze them till you need them.
    Really, just make some food ahead on a use it for the duration of the week.
    If you need some recipes just shoot me an email
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person and don't have much time either. Smoothies are always great for the mornings and there are a TON of recipes out there, from fruit smoothies to chocolate peanut butter! You can make those the night before and just grab n' go the next morning.

Oatmeal is always great too. If you have a crock pot there are some recipes that require making it in a crock pot over night so they'll be ready in the mornings.

I used to drive approx 50 miles to work every morning, so breakfast on the go was a must. I don't advise it, but I've eaten cereal out of a glass before. It works lol.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    5 Breakfast ideas: (All under 250 calories each and all very high in protein and fiber)

- 1/2 cup egg beaters (microwave), 1/4 cup oatmeal cooked with 1/2 cup water (microwave) and 100 calories of almonds

- 2 slices light wheat bread toasted with 1 tbsp natural peanut butter and side of egg beaters

- 1 whole wheat, low carb tortilla filled with: egg beaters, beans, cheese, veggies, deli meat, bacon, etc.

- Egg sandwich made of 2 slices light wheat bread with 1/2 cup cooked egg beaters and slice of fat free american cheese

- "Parfait" with 1 plain, nonfat greek yogurt, 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, 1/4 cup fiber one cereal and 2 tbsp sliced almonds
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I like morningstar farms veggie sausage patties. Put one of those in a whole wheat english muffin. Yummy!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I have 1 cup of kashi honey puffs and 1 cup of original almond milk...with a sliced apple on the side.
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    I do instant oatmeal with fruit and a splash of soy milk every morning.

If you prepare the night before and have a microwave, you can do steelcut oats (much better than rolled or instant) and just nuke them in the microwave in the morning.
  • stacygeorge
    stacygeorge Posts: 11
    Options
    I spread a wedge of Laughing cow cheese on a slice of light whole grain toast and add a sliced hard boiled egg. I sounds wierd but tastes like an egg mc mufffin. Plus less than 180 calories! I usually hard boil several eggs for the days ahead