New Mom

Options
I've been overweight for years and always go back and forth on diets, but as a mom of a five month old it's time for big changes. I was just wondering if anyone else out there in similar situations would like to join me and help each other?

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have a 14-month old and grew up overweight. Although I lost quite a bit before having my son he is my biggest reason for getting the rest of it (around 30lbs) off! Feel free to add me! :D
  • Daughter0faKing
    Daughter0faKing Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids my youngest is 10 months! I'm ready to do this! Let's support eacother :)
  • Wickedshott
    Options
    I don't need to be a mom but I'm a father that tacked on pounds. Two sons. 2 and half and 8 month. I recently lost 24 pounds. Ending with insanity. I'm doing the second month over again. I eat right too. With weight training. Lifting small weights with cardio is max intensity. I need motivation time to time. Add me or. Msg me. I'm Mike from Florida.
  • Samgramm
    Samgramm Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in! I have a beautiful six month old baby boy. I was overweight before the baby, and a little thicker after. We can do this together!
  • Jennbu23
    Jennbu23 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in too! I just got the ok from my doc to start exercising post baby, I have an almost 8 weeker and I want to be a healthy strong mom. My goal is to lose 47 lbs 17 of that is what is remaining from baby weight the rest was pre-pregnancy bad habits, it is time for a change!!! Please feel free to add me :)
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm a dad of two. The key is finding a schedule that works around your baby's schedule. For example, exercising at home during nap time and finding a program that is 20-30 mins in length. Nutrition is also a big deal since new parents will often graze on food throughout the day. Buying healthy snacks that are not processed is huge. Carrots and hummus, low sugar yogart, almonds, etc. I suggest exercising 5 times a week, for about 30 mins, at the same time everyday. Finding support is just as important.
  • ces0123
    ces0123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you :smile: I have ab 8 week old baby boy and a 2 yr old girl. I was on bedrest for both pregnancies and am trying to get back to my 'before babies' body. Most importantly though, I am looking to becoming a good health example for my kiddos. I have about 80lbs to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have a daughter who is 2, it has taken me almost 2 years to realize that as much as I hate leaving her to get my workout in I know in the long run she is going to appreciate having a fit and healthy mom. Now I make time (usually 1.5 hours 6x a week - that includes travel time) to get to the gym and back where I was before I became a mom. Feel free to add me, I am on and log daily.
  • suhanisuri
    suhanisuri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a son who is turning 7 months this week. I use to eat extremely healthy, and i was very thin, my boyfriend said I looked unhealthy. Now that I've had my son, I go to the gym regularly, and I'm trying to loose the baby weight. I'm trying to find a healthy balance and be a good example for my son. I don't want to stress over what I eat, and not enjoy life. I'm looking to loose at least 20 lbs