Breast feeding!

hi! I'm exclusively breast feeding and know that it burns 500 calories per day. But I don't see anything on this app that allows me to incorporate this into my weight loss goal. I don't want to dry up over a few pounds. Any tips??

Replies

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    I'd say just go over by 500 each day. If it says 1200 aim for 1700. There might be a tech way to do it and it's a bit daft that there's no option for it.
  • Wtrmln26
    Wtrmln26 Posts: 1 Member
    I think there is an entry in the food database that will add a negative 500 calories (I hope that makes sense). So you would log it as part of one of your meals for the day.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Log it as cardio?
  • healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    You can manually set your calorie target. When you adjust your goals, you will see this option.
  • healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    You could also log breastfeeding as cardio for 500 calories.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    You enter it as exercise and eat back those calories. There is even an entry that allows you to account for the time spent breastfeeding which factors in your weight as well.
  • aml1676
    aml1676 Posts: 2 Member
    RaeN81 wrote: »
    There is even an entry that allows you to account for the time spent breastfeeding which factors in your weight as well.

Where do you see this entry? I'm not seeing it under exercise... I'd LOVE to be able to use it!

• kflower84
    kflower84 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello girls. Anyone knows of a protein shake compatible with breastfeeding. I'm desperate to start loosing weight again. thanks.
  • JenileeFinley
    JenileeFinley Posts: 15 Member
    I log it as 60 minutes of cardio and burn 400 calories to be conservative.