Temptation at work

Options
So I have been pretty good with will power in general lately, until today. One of our managers is having surgery tomorrow and will be out for her birthday, so we had a huge food day at work. It's less than 10 feet from my desk. I tried choosing the healthiest options, and have already consumed over 600 calories! It's only a quarter after 9!

Must.stay.strong.

Replies

• ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! lol
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am hoping other departments will come eat it all before my 2 pm munchies! LOL
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Always tough, especially if, like me, you're an unintentional eater! Somehow before I realise it, I'm eating something! Spread the word, get everyone involved :)
  • wathjo1
    Options
    People keep bringing more food! This just in: Cupcakes and donuts... Thank god i'm a salty food lover!
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Can you remove yourself for a walk at lunch? That would be very difficult. Stay strong!
  • wathjo1
    Options
    It's supposed to be storming over lunch break, but I plan on leaving regardless. Maybe i'll go home and do jumping jacks or something! There is SO MUCH food over there. It's about ridiculous.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Should have seen what I had for breakfast the other day. But that's ok, the next few days I exercised really hard, and BAM! had some cake days later.....moral of the story is, it's ok to have a bad day, just don't let it get to you. As long as you're working out, making the right choices for most of the week, you won't even gain the weight. Enjoy the cake!
  • wathjo1
    Options
    The problem is that I didn't do so hot over the weekend, either! Family get together, nephew's bday party that involved pizza... MAN! Hopefully things will slow back down after today.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It's a food day at my work, too, and I've already eaten over 900 calories :[ Stupid sweets and macaroni salad...

Maybe go for a lap around your building each time you catch yourself wanting to go and snack? That way you have something to focus on that isn't food, and you'll be away from the temptation for a while.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Party buffets and picnics are so challenging! Big workout tonight ?!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    One day I want this kind of post to be about sexy coworkers.
  • kj3qs1
    kj3qs1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I always wait for the guy who doesn't wash his hands to get his then I no longer want any.
  • wathjo1
    Options
    It's looking that way! I hope it'll be enough.
  • kbredda
    kbredda Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Drink a lot of water. When we have food days at work I try to guzzle the water all day long that way I ether feel full or am running to the bathroom, but both keep me from standing over the food table all day over eating. You can do it!
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I work in the Corporate office of one of a foodservice distributor. We have suppliers who will send in different foods to try out to see if we want to carry their products to sell to our customers. It is very common to walk over to the copier and see a bunch of food on the counters for us to take or we go downstairs by the kitchen to try foods. They will also clean out the freezers and have a ton of food for us to take home. I try to avoid the temptations but some days it is so hard. Hang in there, try to go for a walk or get so involved in your work that you can ignore them. Also think about what you want to achieve and keep thinking that the foods that in there and tempting you are not as good as the goal you are working to achieve.
  • evelyncsevilla
    evelyncsevilla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every time you think about eating from that buffet of bad stuff drink a little water maybe it will give you that instant pat on the back that you need to keep fighting it the rest of the day. Sometime s instead of a day at a time it can be a minute at a time.
  • wathjo1
    Options
    It's nice talking to other people going through the struggle! I only had one plate this morning... Now people keep asking if i'm going to go up and get more. When I say no, they have the most puzzled look on their face! I am glad my lunch hour is almost here! I will eat a plain salad and walk my dogs... Then maybe there won't be room for snacking this afternoon!
  • heathbilly
    heathbilly Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    They are always bringing in doughnuts and cake to my job, I end up eating all of it every time :( The struggle is real.
  • wathjo1
    Options
    The struggle IS real. I am doing alright, though. I wasn't hungry yet at lunch, so I went home, let the dogs out, prepared a big leafy greens salad, and brought it back to work. Now i'm super full and only have 2.5 hours left in my day. Thanks everyone for the support.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If you tell me where you work, I'l gladly stop by and eat a bunch of cake for you. I can pretend to be a new intern or something.
    tumblr_lywtu0DBqV1r96wjgo1_400.gif