Options
veggiegirl228
veggiegirl228 Posts: 27 Member
anyone have a good iced coffee recipe?

Replies

• Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't have the recipe, but coffee frappe is gorgeous. I had them in Cyprus and I couldn't fault them.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    35g sugar free syrup, 160g coffee, 240g u/s cashew milk +ice. This is how I make mine and its only 25-30calories
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    lol I only use grams cause I weigh it when making it :smiley:
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Coffee + ice :)
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    cold coffee + vanilla protein powder and a few ice cubes in the blender.
  • gmargolis
    gmargolis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I never thought of this! Thanks for the tip!
    cold coffee + vanilla protein powder and a few ice cubes in the blender.

• carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I was at trader joes yesterday and they had a bottle of concentrated cold brewed coffee. I bet you could make a yummy iced coffee w that, half and half, and whatever sweetener you prefer.
  • 007myway
    007myway Posts: 1
    Options
    Freeze coffee in ice trays
    Blend coffee cubes, cold coffee and 2% Fairlife milk.
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I dont know about low fat but I make coffee with water and condensed milk... and ice. Its great :D
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options

Yepper! That ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Make coffee today, stick in fridge for tomorrow. Drink with milk -- in my case, unsweetened soy milk.

Do not pour hot coffee over ice. Waters down the coffee too much.
  • aliceandria
    aliceandria Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Certain coffees actually taste sweeter cold. There's an irish coffee in a local bake shop near me that doesn't need a single hint of sugar when it's cold. I don't even add milk! Experiment with your coffees. Sometimes, you have to spend a little extra. =)
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    not really, but am loving the Rocky Road Iced Coffee from Dunkin!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Day old coffee or double brewed often makes the best iced coffee. As someone else said it takes some experimenting, I too find that some coffees I buy I use strictly for iced coffee. Another trick I learned was to add a little molasses to your coffee then once cooled pour over ice, makes it a little thicker and sweeter.

Often times my iced coffee is enjoyed black with lots of ice, very rarely do I use any kind of cream at all, some sugar free flavored syrup at times but that's when the coffee isn't a favorite.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee is a favorite of mine. I do it like this: put several ice cubes in a tall glass... mix cold coffee, 1/4 cup or so of milk, and your sweetener of choice, plus any flavors like a bit of vanilla. Pour coffee mixture over ice and drink! :D
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I put an extra strong brew through the Aeropress, stick it in the fridge for a while to cool, then pour it over a cup of ice. I usually add milk and flavoured SF syrup to make it an extra delicious treat.

I do have the special iced coffee K-Cups, but it's not nearly as good as using the Aeropress.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

grid.jpg
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Double Post
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I like fancy cold-brewed iced coffee when I can find it but here at home, I've been making a protein shake w unsweetened choc almond milk, protein powder, and powdered espresso. It's pretty good and helps me meet my protein for the day.