Low Fat Cake Recipes????

Options
TLC83
TLC83 Posts: 12
My little boy will not go to sleep because he wants to make a cake, so I have told him that we will make one tomorrow if he goes to sleep and unfortunately for a 21month old he remembers EVERYTHING. Normally we make a either a basic sponge or chocolate cake but mummy would actually like to eat some of this baking she does, so does anyone have any low fat/calorie cake recipes, was thinking of something with apples and pears but to be honest any nice healthy cake would be a great treat for me and the little so and so, that insists on torturing mummy ;D

Replies

• tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    1 box of angel food cake mix
    1 can of crushed pineapples

thats it,,mix it together juice and all,,put in a oiled casserole dish and bake until done,,it is a weight watchers recipe and a piece is less than 100 calories....
    this is the cake I make when my kids want's sweets,,the kids like it...
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    ANY CAKE YOU MAKE, JUST REPLACE THE OIL WITH AN EQUAL AMOUNT OF APPLESAUCE, CUTS WAY DOWN ON CALORIES AND FAT, AND TASTES GREAT, I DO IT WITH ALL CAKES, BOXED AND HOMEMADE, RED
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    you can Google it and find lots of great stuff. You can always substitue natural apple sauce for the eggs which will lower the fat content
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Mix a cake mix with a can of diet coke or sprite (any soda you would like) and bake it. Totally low fat!! :)
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    The ones I use the most is: any cake mix with any diet drink instead of eggs/oil and it comes out great. My favorite is: White cake or yellow cake with diet orange drink made into cupcakes with some fat free whipped cream on top or inserted in the middle. Low fat and delicious.

But you could change it up too; use orange cake mix with diet cream soda and that taste like a creamcisle.

I also made chocolate brownies with diet cherry coke and that tasted good.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I use the cake mixes without all the other ingredients (eggs, oil, milk). Instead of those, I just mix in a can of Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper. Yum!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I like two:

Angel Food Cake Mix and pour a can of crushed pineapple in mix and bake.

Second take any cake mix and add 1-12 oz. can of your favorite soda and pour into cupcakes and bake.

I haven't had a chance to enter either of these into the recipe builder yet but I know that these are usually low in points through Weight Watchers.

Hope this helps - have fun!!

If you want a lowfat frosting use FF or lowfat cool whip.
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/recipe-index.html

Check out that link and there should be a couple recipes that will work :)
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    cut out 1/3 of the sugar and all of the oil. replace 1/3 of sugar and oil with equal parts apple sauce :]
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    If the recipie calls for butter use banana instead.
  • HaulPass
    HaulPass Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    FROSTED DEVIL'S ANGEL CAKE

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,196,150182-250196,00.html
    Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

3/4 c. sifted flour
    1/2 c. sugar
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 1/2 tbsp. liquid sugar substitute
    1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
    10 egg whites (1 1/4 c.)
    1 tsp. cream of tartar
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    Fudge Frosting

Sift flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and cocoa onto waxed paper. Beat egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar in large bowl until very foamy and peaks are beginning to form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Continue beating until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla and liquid sweetener. Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg whites a few tablespoons at a time. Turn into an ungreased 9 inch spring-form pan. Carefully cut through batter with spatula to avoid air pockets. Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) 40 minutes or until surface of cake is dry and springs back when lightly pressed. Invert cake in pan on wire rack until cold. Carefully loosen cake from side of pan; loosen from bottom of pan. Serve as is or split into three layers and reassemble with Fudge Frosting.

FUDGE FROSTING:

2 (2 1/4 oz.) pkgs. low-calorie whipped topping mix
    1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
    Sugar substitute to equal 1/4 c. sugar
    1 1/2 c. cold water
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    Pinch of salt
    1 tsp. instant coffee

Combine all ingredients in small bowl of electric mixer. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Yield: 16 servings at 133 calories each if frosted; 77 calories without the frosting.
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Diet soda cake! One can of your favorite diet soda, one box of sugar free cake mix. Voila! Low cal, moist, and delicious!

Frosting could be cool whip, or make up a sugar free pudding. I also make a peanut butter pie cake, where I make a peanut butter pie filling recipe as the frosting, subbing the fat free cool whip, fat free cream cheese, and splenda. Yum! :)
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Caramel Apple Upside-Down Cake

YIELD: 9 servings (serving size: 1 piece)

COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings

Ingredients
    Cooking spray
    1/3 cup fat-free caramel topping
    2 cups thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apple (about 10 ounces)
    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 5 1/2 ounces)
    2/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup applesauce
    5 tablespoons canola oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
    1 large egg, lightly beaten

Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350°.

Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Drizzle caramel over bottom of pan. (Caramel will not completely cover bottom of pan.) Arrange apple slices over caramel, overlapping slices slightly.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine buttermilk and baking soda in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in applesauce and remaining ingredients. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Pour batter over apple slices in prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Place a plate upside down on top of cake; invert onto plate. Serve warm.

Amount per serving
    Calories: 280
    Calories from fat: 29%
    Fat: 9g
    Saturated fat: 0.9g
    Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
    Protein: 4.7g
    Carbohydrate: 45.3g
    Fiber: 1.4g
    Cholesterol: 24mg
    Iron: 1.7mg
    Sodium: 208mg
    Calcium: 40mg
  • TLC83
    TLC83 Posts: 12
    Options
    Ooooh lots of ideas here, thank you, might end up with more than one cake now though ;o)

The adding cans of fizzy drink to the mix sounds a bit strange but think that will be a definite seeing as it is a popular mix. And also it gives me a chance to have one of those in a form, as I had cut them out of my diet :D BONUS

Will look at all the links too,

Thanks Everyone xx
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Bump. :)
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    This one is super easy but not really the season for it...box of spice cake and a can of pumpkin puree. Delicious!
  • Survivor1997
    Survivor1997 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Jello Cake

Any white mix.
    Sugar-free strawberry gelatin.

Bake cake as directed. Mix gelatin with one cup very hot water. Punch holes in baked cake, and pour gelatin over the top.

Top with low-fat whipped cream. Sometimes I add fresh strawberries.

Really tasty, and still my adult son's favorite dessert.
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mix a cake mix with a can of diet coke or sprite (any soda you would like) and bake it. Totally low fat!! :)

Yes!!! These types of cakes are SO good! My favorite is using Diet Big Red with Strawberry cake, Diet Coke with chocolate cake, and Diet Pineapple Soda with yellow cake, or Diet Sprite with Lemon cake. These come out a little spongey and sticky, but I like 'em like that =)
  • vickigee
    vickigee Posts: 36
    Options
    Angel food cake and one small can of pumpkin bake in the angel food cake pan and bake as normal. It doesn't raise as high. But is really moist.