Help

Options
CAKSLK
CAKSLK Posts: 5 Member
I am new and new help I was almost at the total food of 1600 calls and had 238 left then I added another workout and it brought me back to 1000 remaining help

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Got peanut butter?
  • CAKSLK
    Options
    Why? I don't get why you said thay
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Because Peanut Butter is decently high cal and would be an easy way for you to eat some of your remaining calories.

The reason the workout added calories is because MFP estimates your daily calorie burn before exercise. It takes this number and subtracts a set number of calories off based on the weight loss goal you picked (250, 500, 750, or 1000). Now, when you exercise your daily burn increases. To maintain the same difference you have to eat some or all of them back.
    An example:
    2000 calorie burn before exercise
    -500 to lose 1lb per week
    1500 calorie goal to lose weight without exercise
    500 calorie burn from exercise
    2500 calorie burn with exercise
    -500 to lose 1lb per week
    2000 total calories to consume/1500 NET
  • CAKSLK
    Options
    But I have a problem it's 1030 pm no way I want to eat 1000 cal and go to bed is that bad?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    CAKSLK wrote: »
    But I have a problem it's 1030 pm no way I want to eat 1000 cal and go to bed is that bad?

So don't eat all. Maybe eat some and save some for another day this week. You could use them for a night out with friends or even a special high calorie treat that you can't normally fit into your budget.
  • CAKSLK
    Options
    Thanks
  • CAKSLK
    Options
    Is it bad if I don't eat all my calories?
  • beautyrunner13
    Options
    No
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i would recommend NOT eating back all your exercise cals as mfp greatly overestimates calorie burn for most activities. i generally eat back half.