Struggling to get back at it!

Options
I started last July 1st and boy the first 100 days was a whirlwind of success and I was down 30lbs meeting my MFP calories and at least 10000 steps a day. Pounds were melting away I felt better than I had. Then life started throwing curve balls and I went back to old habits -- emotional eating/over eating -- the depression and struggle took over and I gave up. I gave up connecting with people and having accountability. I gained 28 of those lbs back.

Tomorrow starts a 6 week walking group at work and I am joining. I am ready but I thought I was July 1rst. How do I create the support system so when life throws curve balls I don't go back to old habits. I am a single mom to a soon to be 13 year old with autism on the severe side.
I am scared but will take it one day at a time.

Reaching out here is my attempt to do it differently.

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Girl, you can do this! You KNOW you can. You said it was the curveballs of life that threw you off track and if that's true, THAT'S THE KEY! First, it's all about having a deep-seated "why". WHY are you doing this? Why NOW? Why is it SO IMPORTANT that you do this? What will happen if you DON'T? WHO is going to suffer if you keep going the way you're going? WHAT will your life be like when you reach your goal?

Then, it's time to deal with the emotional eating. You absolutely won't be able to keep that weight off if you don't deal with those issues. I know what it's like!

As for a support system, you need a place where you can check in DAILY. Use the people at work who are doing the program with you and create a system. Texting each other to make sure no one bails and working together on nutrition. PLUS, use MFP to check in daily as well. Create consistency. I create a TON of layers of accountability to keep me on track. I update here, I host monthly challenge groups where I myself participate, I update on my Facebook page and in two other groups. Seems excessive? Perhaps, but it WORKS!

Feel free to friend me and we can chat about it. Weight loss isn't just about fitness and good nutrition, it's about your MINDSET! :D