Need new foods

Options
hi guys my first post on here.
I am revamping my diet to remove gluten and dairy. I have a good diet but unfortunately dairy takes up a high proportion. I exercise vigorously regularly and need help getting up to my 1800-2000 kcals goal.
Current diet consists of eggs, nutribullet drinks (spinach nuts some fruits) veggies meats/fishes but im only hitting 1500 kcals without dairy
Soybeans maybe?
Its mainly snacks for work and weekends.
Thank you

Replies

• cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How about sweet potatoes for one! :)
  • rosberg2112
    rosberg2112 Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I eat sweet potato once a week in a mash For the vitamin A but thank you
  • gjoyaurora
    gjoyaurora Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why gluten free? :)
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Nuts & nut butters.
  • rosberg2112
    Options
    When i cut gluten out my diet i see massive improvements in digestion less bloatyness etc.
  • kriegmeister
    kriegmeister Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you're going the paleo route (eliminating processed carbohydrates, dairy and gluten) then you should be free to make up that calorie deficit with healthy fats. Olive oil, grass fed butter, avocados, coconut oil (rich in MCTs too) and bacon are all fair game. A handful of almonds alone (3oz) should make up that difference.

All of these options would increase satiety, prevent chronic inflammation and prevent insulin levels from rising. Hope this helped.
  • kettouji
    kettouji Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What kind of gluten are you removing? Most rice is gluten-free (unless your considering rice gluten part of that spectrum) Quinoa and beans are also great and help with cals.
  • rosberg2112
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I have mcts in coconut oil and am keeping veg high as possible and not ruling out sweet potato and low glycaemic carbs.
    I dont eat bacon though so maybe i should add this in lol
    I was thinking tuna as a snack at work and maybe soybeans and turkey slices?
    No dairy is hard!!
    Thanks all
  • rosberg2112
    Options
    kettouji wrote: »
    What kind of gluten are you removing? Most rice is gluten-free (unless your considering rice gluten part of that spectrum) Quinoa and beans are also great and help with cals.
    I have cut out rice bread potato cereals pasta mainly and seen positive results
    I have swapped semi skinned milk for ALPRO milk and am cutting out cheese and yoghurts and cottage cheese
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    avocados and nut butters
  • bdp2284
    bdp2284 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm doing paleo too, just started the Whole 30 Challenge, a week in now. I read that anything soy isn't good. I'm trying to fill the gaps with protein, as much protein as I can.
  • rosberg2112
    Options
    Protein is just expensive and has to be cooked its annoying haha. I eat at least 140g per day its a lot of prep isnt it
    Soy isnt good?! Why
  • wanabefit2016
    wanabefit2016 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Tuna is a good snack or small bits of chicken
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker is your friend. Throw in some chicken or beef, some salsa or a marinade and veggies, and you can make plenty of food with minimal fuss and no gluten needed.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I am revamping my diet to remove gluten and dairy. I have a good diet but unfortunately dairy takes up a high proportion. I exercise vigorously regularly and need help getting up to my 1800-2000 kcals goal.
    Current diet consists of eggs, nutribullet drinks (spinach nuts some fruits) veggies meats/fishes but im only hitting 1500 kcals without dairy
    Soybeans maybe?
    Thank you

Just curious: why are you giving up gluten and dairy? :smile:

You can eat whatever you like and fit it into your calorie goals.
  • kriegmeister
    kriegmeister Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Make your own beef jerky in the oven. This is most awesome. $12 in London broil steaks equals $40+ bucks in natural preservative free jerky. Just have the butcher slice the steak.
  • rosberg2112
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Soybeans maybe?
    Thank you

Just curious: why are you giving up gluten and dairy? :smile:

You can eat whatever you like and fit it into your calorie goals.

I have seen positive results cutting out gluten this year. I really want to lower my bf% as i am training to become a personal trainer. Unfortunately i need to keep control of insulin a lot.

I am just trying the 'no dairy' at this stage. A lot of people from a fitness perspective see great results from low dairy and no/low gluten...worth a try :)