very cold during workout

Options
aisha786
aisha786 Posts: 87 Member
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello all,
Today I was using the elliptical machine, and I was really burning it up. I was working out at 85% max heart rate, L9, around 7 mph average, for 40 minutes. During my workout I got VERY cold. I thoroughly enjoyed this workout. It was not cold there, in fact the a/c or any air wasn't on me at all. It wasn't too hot but not cold either. Do you think it's abnormal to get very cold all the sudden like this?
(p.s. I was not dehydrated, very impossible that I was dehydrated.)

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Were you light headed or dizzy in any way?
  • aisha786
    Options
    No, not at all. I was feeling great. I just felt chills. Even right now, 9 hours later I am a bit cold.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    No idea.
  • aisha786
    Options
    I also have been urinating A LOT. I have been drinking a lot so that's why I don't think I could have been dehydrated. Maybe I had 3 liters of water today. But the chills happened before all of the water was consumed. Before exercising in the course of the morning hours before beginning the workout, I drank about a liter of water.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't happen to be on a keto diet would you?
  • aisha786
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm on lower carb, keeping carbs under 50 per day. My carb count has been around 30. Do you think this is a side effect of lower carbs?

ETA: I googled and found keto flu. Maybe this is what it is. I do have a lot of the symptoms of that. It's day 5 for me in my change of eating patterns and exercise.