Anyone else a road warrior?

Options
im determined to lose the weight and get back into shape but I am on 6:1 rotations with my job (6 weeks on, 1 week home). Anyone else dieting while living in hotels?

Replies

• akgeenaminto
    akgeenaminto Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I fly all over and it kills me. Out for dinner so no way to weigh food. Plus all the wine I'm forced to consume.....
  • spanagiotakis
    spanagiotakis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on the road about 48 weeks out of the year (Monday to Thursday). I have a really hard time losing weight while traveling.
  • robertsons05
    robertsons05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I climb cell phone towers for a living. I climb anywhere from 200' to 600' 3-6 times a week. So I'm very active but man I have packed on the weight. I've got to stop eating like the boys and eat so late.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I climb cell phone towers for a living. I climb anywhere from 200' to 600' 3-6 times a week. So I'm very active but man I have packed on the weight. I've got to stop eating like the boys and eat so late.

Studies show, the time of day in which you eat has no bearing on weight loss. just sayin.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options

Studies show, the time of day in which you eat has no bearing on weight loss. just sayin.

I guess what's she's trying to say is, she probably works 12 hour days, only has enough time to eat then sleep, then has to get back up again.
  • billr9mm
    billr9mm Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes it is difficult for sure. I don't travel any where near as much as you do but the amount that I do impacts my ability to loose weight. 600 feet..... as in two football fields in the air??? Daym that's high!!
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yes! Oh man, my first year doing it was so rough. Now that I've made the gym an absolute must in my day that helps. I eat lunch with my teams, so that's usually the only wild card. I've gotten into the habit of grocery stores for breakfast (hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt, protein powder, almonds) and dinner (chicken, baby carrots, hummus, boiled eggs, avocado) but it's mostly all cold food. I do okay but it's so easy to binge on the road for me when all my food is paid for. Trail mix is my kryptonite!