New but not so new!

Options
I've done MFP a little in the past but didn't get that into it. I'm up to 241.8 lb from 165, I was down to 165 from 265. So I know weight loss is possible. I have eating disorder issues, compulsive over eating mostly. and would love to find some support. My large weight loss was due to eating healthy meals 3 times a day. The restriction was only to leave out flour and refined sugar. I ate fruit, meat, veggies, and all that. I know what I should do, I just need help doing it. I'd like to help someone and get some help myself. Add me if you want to support each other.

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Oh, my, how did this happen? At least you haven't gained back ALL the weight you lost. Unfortunately, other people can't support you - that really has to come from within. If you are looking for other people for support, you will fail every time. YOU have to do it, and you KNOW you can! You've done it before! I don't know why you got down to 165 and then started gaining again, but maybe you should examine that so that it doesn't happen again. Best of luck to you!
  • HydroCoco
    HydroCoco Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi There.....I am also new, but not so new! I recently lost 40 pounds and gained 10 of that back so far. I also know exactly what to do. A lot does come from within, but support and encouragement also help. We CAN do this!
  • charlieheartsmatt
    charlieheartsmatt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah, maybe you missed the part about living with eating disorders my whole life. Most people don't expect alcoholics to hang out in bars and be fine. But compulsive eaters still have to eat, still have to go to all the family and friend events where food is the main focus. It's easy to start eating again. That doesn't make me happy. I know it is harder for me to say no and that once I start it is almost impossible to stop. Having people in my life that can help me recognize when I'm not doing well is very important to me. I've had a lot of great support so far from this community.