strength training question

Options
Ok I have been exercising and eating healthy (most of the time) for a little over a month now..I have been doing walk away the pounds 3 miles a day (most days)..I was wanting to add some strength training to my routine..I have to do it at home with free weights only cause i have 6 kids here everyday...How should i introduce strength training to my routine and what types of strength training exercises can i do from home?? TIA!

Replies

• JessicaBuff
    JessicaBuff Posts: 233
    Options
    bump
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'd try a DVD like a Jillian Michaels or something, its hard to really get yourself motivated to do a real routine if you're not sure where to begin.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I do bodyweight training...even as a guy who doesn't mind bulking up. For women, bodyweight training is particularly effective, because with the right exercises, you gain strength and lean muscle...without the bulk.

It's really a win/win =D.
  • CoachGena
    CoachGena Posts: 13
    Options
    I am currently doing ChaLEAN Extreme. It's been very popular at my fit club. Designed mostly for women and each month is a new phase so that you do not get bored. Her workouts are 30-45 min. long and she works upper and lower body at the same time. What I love most is Chalene's positive attitude. Let me know if you would like to know more.