I turned down chocolate THREE TIMES today! :)

Options
jannapurna
jannapurna Posts: 49 Member
As a teacher, I'm constantly surrounded my young, thin students who seem to be able to eat whatever they want and never put on weight. Since I started taking my health and weight loss seriously, I've asked my students not to eat in my classroom; I couldn't stand seeing all those half-eaten chocolate packets out on their desks and feared I would give in to temptation. You see, chocolate and candy were probably one of the main reasons why I'd put on 15 pounds in one year. :frown:

Well, today I was offered a piece of chocolate three different times by co-workers and students, and each time I found the strength to say 'no, thanks'. Of course I started out by rationalizing that 'one piece wouldn't hurt', but we all know that's not true - if I had said 'yes', I don't know if I would've been able to stop myself from falling off the no junk wagon completely.

Anyways, I'm proud of myself. Sometimes it's the little things that keep you going. :smile:

Replies

• ajfro
    ajfro Posts: 26
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you. I had a similar experience today.
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    Wow, that's really great. You're awesome. Keep it up. Every time you say No, makes it easier to say No next time :-)
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    . I had a similar experience today.

Great! Good for you for Making Wise Choices to get the Results you Want! :-):smile:
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yee haw!!!! You go on with your bad self, girl! I, too, am saying no to a carrot cake that's been sitting in our break room since yesterday!:noway:
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    great job!
  • sherrik10
    sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • WhyW8
    WhyW8 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping the leftovers in our work kitchen magically disapear before I cave in! I'm trying - it's hard, I know what you are saying. Especially chocolate 3 times! Job well done - you've rightfully earned a pat on the back for that one (actually make it 3 pats on the back!) :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    NSV! Great job!!
  • adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a big deal to have arrived at the point of consistently saying no. I'm like you. I recognize that I can't cheat and then not have it spiral into a problem. So really, good for you!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Very good day today for you!
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I eat a 1 inch square of DARK CHOCOLATE a day, its only 25 calories and its good for your heart and it takes my cravings away :flowerforyou:
  • Akiyah
    Akiyah Posts: 57
    Options
    WTG!
  • CanadianChic
    CanadianChic Posts: 141
    Options
    Very good!! I can truly appreciate how hard that is!!!
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!!! Good job!!!
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! I know how hard it is to say no, I work in a kitchen-worst place for me to work lol. Keep it up!
  • jannapurna
    jannapurna Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
    Now I just need to learn how to say 'no' to booze! :drinker: lol
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Great willpower today. I passed up chocolate fudge cake today. I'm still thinking about it, but my butt is happy it isn't going to grow because I passed it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!