Outdoor workouts? (besides running, hiking etc)

Options
rybo
rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
Does anyone else take advantage of the nice weather and workout outdoors? Now that the weather is warming I love moving my workouts to the yard. I can do everything I usually do in the house outside just as easy, if not easier for some movements.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You made me think of this:
    tai-chi.jpg
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    No way I'm carrying all my weights down two flights of stairs just to work out outside! B) I'll open the window......
  • Kristyann624
    Kristyann624 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I consider gardening a good workout. Lots of lifting, walking, and digging. That's about it aside from the usual.
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I enjoy jump-roping in my backyard, freaks out my chickens though :#
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I practice softball drills with my dd13.
  • tropic80girl
    tropic80girl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am splitting gym time with practice for my kids so I am doing crazy lady moves at the field. I push my 2 yr old on the stroller on a walking trail between two parking lots. at each end I do work. Step ups on the parking blocks, crunches, planks, push ups, squats, whatever. My boy counts them out too ;-) I may look crazy out there but its keeping me on track!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    MY BICYCLE! !!!

And taking my adorable black lab for a walk/run
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My gym is outside by the pool and I cycle, I feel like a trapped rat exercising indoors.
  • sabowman93
    sabowman93 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do reps with a 6 lb maul axe and continuously chop at a sideways log. After about 50 swings you really start feeling it
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Cycling ... lots of cycling.

Back in the summer, over Christmas, I was also doing lunges and stair repeats in my garden. I've got little flights of stairs all over the garden.
  • McKittyJane
    McKittyJane Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Playing basketball is super fun in good weather. I have a goal in my driveway that I practice shooting and drills. However if you live in apartments, etc. and thats not an option sometimes you can find street games in local parks. Make new friends, (while watching out for stranger danger haha)