Second time around and Looking for some help and motivation :)

Options
The last time I logged in My Fitness Pal account, my weight was 135 pounds. Wich was actually pretty close to my goal. But I got fed up,gave up, and today my weight is 152 pounds. I started going back to the gym about 2 months ago but my eating habits have gone worse. I started eating fast food regularly wich obviously doesn't help my weight gain. I don't know why but during working hours, everything is fine. I eat fruits, vegetables, healthy meal. But as soon as I get home it is an other story... I also always give myself an excuse so that I could eat whatever I feel like eating ex : it's friday, it's the weekend, a holiday, a friend's Birthday, I'm on vacation. Anything goes ! I can't seem to stop giving myself an excuse. But I really want to start taking better care of my body and myself. I will log in my food diary daily (or as much as I can) and also try to write daily my state of mind. I will start my new journey tomorrow. Hope I can find fitness pal friends that will help me and give me advice and motivation. :)

Replies

• heymais47
    heymais47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too with my journey to being healthier. I'd be glad to help keep you motivated and on track. I'm looking for the same things as well.
  • thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. At work I get provided a decent lunch meals for cheap, but my hours are erratic so by the time I get home it might be after eight thirty and all I want to do is buy maccas and sit in front of the TV.

The main thing is, you're determined. You're trying again. I tried about five times before it finally started to stick. Which is okay :) You got this. Just keep going forwards, one step at a time. One change at a time.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • akiba254
    akiba254 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I found the trick that worked for me was buying healthy food that couldnt go in the freezer. I dont like wasting money so one way or another I would force myself to cook and eat it. And another thing I would suggest is not to be so hard on yourself if you slip up. Being negative can zap motivation away like nothing else.
  • FitNaeNae84
    FitNaeNae84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I believe the only thing that will help is you deciding that YOU want this. You want to be healthy, you want to look good and nothing will stop you. Look at how you eat during the it may be healthy but is it enough calories and protein to keep you from going crazy as soon as you get home. Your biggest meal should be breakfast. If you have any questions you can message me. I'm no expert but I'm a firm believer that you have to do this for yourself! I have lost 20 lbs in 3 months deciding that nothing will get in my way... nothing will stop me!
  • chinellebell
    chinellebell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great Job @ FitNae84, Great idea @ akida254. Can't exactly, call this my second time around as the first time, I did not do much of anything. But I am determined to do it this time. My motivation is a 10!!!
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda starting over too, so I know what ya mean. Five years ago were my so-called "glory years" where I lost 100 pounds. Needless to say, I put on 40 pounds. Over this past year, I lost 15 of it and I still have 25 more to go. I am looking to lose 25 more pounds by October because that is when we are looking to go on vacation! :)
  • Heather81774
    Heather81774 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too! Looking for friends to help hold me accountable to my goal of healthy eating & exercise. I'm not necessarily looking to loose weight, although I hope it is a side effect! I need to focus on healthy food choices & exercise for my health. I suffered a stroke several years ago and lost my ability to swallow. After months in physical, occupational & speech therapy I had regained most of what I'd lost. I'm happy to be back to almost normal but I've developed an unhealthy relationship with food. I eat like every meal could be my last. I hope for encouragement & motivation from this community! Thanks for letting me be a part of it
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Greetings. I am starting over again also. Two years ago, I lost 25 lbs. kept it off for a year and then started to slip. Stopped weighing myself, stopped logging and started to drink wine. Now a year later I find 20 extra lbs on my body. It is day one and I did it. No wine, exercised and ate good. I feel great.

I am back to logging, weighing myself and staying connected in the MFP community
  • babybelle92
    babybelle92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much in the same boat! Last time I was on MFP I met my goal weight, but stopped logging on a week later when I found out I was pregnant. I just had my little guy in February and I am back to work off this baby weight!
  • heyheatherson
    heyheatherson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am staring over as well. Very similar situations. Do good at work but then find excuses to bing.
    Time to pay the price and work at taking it off and keeping it off. I am one who will always need to track calories and be accountable!
  • ladieofthebees
    ladieofthebees Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Totally know the feeling. Lost a ton of weight about four years ago, then slowly started gaining it back until I ballooned last year. Determined that this time its coming off and staying off!!! Add me :smile:
  • bubblesdavis
    Options
    Hello I'm kinda going through the same thing I lost thirty pounds then I gained a lot more so I need motivation to loose weight please add me and help <3
  • bubblesdavis
    Options
  • heyheatherson
    heyheatherson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Hang in there and we can get this done!!
    I did great when I tracked daily and that is what I am back to doing. It really helps.
    This is the first time on blogging but I think this is going to be a great tool!!
    :)
  • MckeyDee
    MckeyDee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got to my weight goal about 6 months ago, but I still keep track. It takes a long time to change eating habits, so I am staying on maintain and probably will for a long time.
    When I am tempted to eat junk I stop and first ask myself "which do I want more - to be skinny or to eat these chips right now?" That helps me when I am tempted, and recording on mfp lets me know if I have room for it calorie-wise as well.
    I've also been working to find a different way to deal with stress that doesn't include eating. I have found that walking or working out really helps me, because it gives me an outlet for the stress energy, gives me endorphins when I am done which helps how I feel, and I also sleep better on days that I workout, which also helps my stress. And I don't have guilt afterwards like I do when I try to eat my stress away. That is my focus right now -to do something physical when I am stressed or feel restless/anxious energy. I am working at thinking "wow I really need to move right now" instead of "gee what can I eat right now?" Eating emotionally is such a short term 'feel good' - like for the 2 minutes it took to eat that - and then I feel worse emotionally because of guilt, and physically also, because I just ate something my body doesn't do well with.
    Do it for your whole life, not just to get to your weight goal. This is a great way to live! :)
  • jasin40
    jasin40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    half of the problem is identifying the areas that maybe letting you down which you have so congratulations on that. The next thing i would suggest is the reason why you have the goal you have? After many years of training clients it is very clear that not having the strong emotional why will leave you tempted to fall back into old habits. It's ok to spoil yourself once in a while or it becomes a task not a lifestyle change.
    So try sitting down write out your reasons why you wish to achieve your goal and the reasons that don't give you butterflies cross off your list, then the reasons that remain place them all around your house so you are looking at them every time you feel a relapse coming on.