Eating 1200 -1350 calories a day but still getting headaches and feeling weak

Options
For the past 7 days, I've been eating 1200-1350 (sometimes 1400), however, I'm still feeling very weak. For the past three days I've been doing HIIT and burning 400-500 calories per session, however, I try not to eat all of those calories back.

Could someone take a loot at my diary and tell me why this could be? Granted yesterday I didn't hit the 1200 mark as I was incredibly full.

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    So you are netting as little as 800 calories then?

Eat back your exercise calories (at least half) and if you're still feeling like crap then up your weight loss weekly goal to 1lb/week.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling faint, light-headed, week, "hangry", or lethargic and not hungry, you're probably under-eating, over cutting, in too big of a deficit!

Are you set to a deficit that is no more than 20% of your TDEE (or one that will not result in the loss of more than 0.5 to 1% of your body weight per week)?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    LauraPH7 wrote: »
    For the past three days I've been doing HIIT and burning 400-500 calories per session...

How are you measuring this?

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating more for breakfast and lunch?

It looks like you might not be getting enough calories or protein early in the day.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You're putting your body through a lot, aside from what everyone else has said make sure you stay hydrated. I know I tend to drink less when I put myself at a large deficit and feel horrible. Hope you feel better :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    youre not eating enough to fuel your body.

also drink more water.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Try eating more.

You're eating a lowish amount of calories and exercising. Even if you were over estimating your burns and underestimating your calories, your NET is probably much too low.

If you're going to exercise on top of a low calorie goal, you need to fuel your body for the extra work you're putting it through.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It is extremely common to significantly over-estimate HIIT burns. I wouldn't be jumping to any conclusions without more information.
  • LauraPH7
    LauraPH7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    LauraPH7 wrote: »
    For the past three days I've been doing HIIT and burning 400-500 calories per session...

How are you measuring this?

I use a Polar HRM, even then I subtract from that so as to not overestimate.