38lbs to go! Looking for motivation and tips!

Options
My name is Jess! I'm 26! And obese. I am working on losing 38lbs within the next few months. My mid section is my biggest obstacle. I am deeply concerned about my health and seeking to get fit

Replies

• nazneen24
    nazneen24 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi jess! I'm trying to lose up to 40 pounds and getting back into shape. I am trying to focus on my mid section.
  • sweptaway78
    Options
    Hi Jess! I am new to this. I need a little motivating myself. I have lost 100 pounds but have gained 20 back. I was wearing a size 8 this time last year and now I'm a 12. I workout very hard however I love carbs and red wine! My goal is to eliminate sugar and wine. I know that carbs contribute to a thicker mid section. I struggle in that area the most.
  • fab_blue77
    fab_blue77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey jess...the mind is our biggest obstacle. We actually have to rewire how we think and its tough but I know you can do it. Its all a daily process. The best advice I can give is to take each day as it comes,don't beat yourself up if you slip up,and know that everyday that you stick with it is one day closer to your goal.I'm rooting for you
  • Never_Quit32
    Never_Quit32 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    We all got common goals, feel free to friend me.
  • eriksthompson38
    eriksthompson38 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track by having this app and tracking what you eat. I've lost 14 lbs in one month by working out and seriously keeping track and being more conscious of what I eat. Good luck! You can do this!
  • chunks168
    chunks168 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is John. Keep it up Jess, we are rooting for you. This app is great. I lost 7lb in 3wks. It works for me because now I know what food is small and high calories that would make me still hungry. If I go over my daily allowance, I would jump on my treadmill and usually I lose more calories.
  • dramos1961
    dramos1961 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Go Jess and stay on course!!!
  • annamontalvo920
    annamontalvo920 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess! Feel free to add me. I only have a few more pounds to go but I've been at it for a while! I can definitely giv you some tips!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Jannete88 wrote: »
    My name is Jess! I'm 26! And obese. I am working on losing 38lbs within the next few months. My mid section is my biggest obstacle. I am deeply concerned about my health and seeking to get fit
    38lbs in a few (two?!?!?) months is a pretty lofty goal of 4lbs a week, and way over the recommended 2lbs per week.

Focus on long term, sustainable weight loss and make sure you're eating enough.
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track by using this tool, it will definitely help you along the way. It is tough, but there this is an amazing group that will motivate you to reach your goal! Feel free to add me.
  • PAYNEMAKER
    PAYNEMAKER Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me if they're active and motivated. And we help each other to the next level B)
  • AGupta6mobile
    AGupta6mobile Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track by having this app and tracking what you eat. I've lost 14 lbs in one month by working out and seriously keeping track and being more conscious of what I eat. Good luck! You can do this!

• AGupta6mobile
    AGupta6mobile Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Hi Jannete, congrats for gwtting out here. I'm in the same boat tryj g to loose 40 lbs incouple of months.. .. at the moment down by 12 in last month. I Need to work harder.. would be great to share whata working for u or not.. plz feel free to add me.

anyone any tips to focus on mid section?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

You arent going to lose 38 in a few months it will take consistent calorific deficits over a longer period. Instead of 2 months you should be preparing yourself for a task that will take you 6-12 months depending how it goes. One of the biggest causes of frustration, disappointment and failure is unrealistic expectation and impatience.

The reason for my dieting was health, but its straightforward as long as you plan it , get a good mindset and commit. If you are consistently at a deficit , then you will lose weight.
  • Headtothemountains
    Headtothemountains Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I have 30 to go. I've started watching what I drink a lot more and that has helped a ton. Drinking lots of water and making sure I have snacks with me at all times as its hard to eat low calorie at stores and restaurants.
  • metalmaiden17
    metalmaiden17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!! I have another 25lbs to go at least, and I am down 8 since restarting mfp. Being active on here with supporting others and getting support has helped tremendously!
  • Dave55412
    Dave55412 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Eat more protein, drink water ( I like to put Propel packets in it for flavor and vitamins) and if you can get a Fitbit, it will help, too.
  • MrMike79
    MrMike79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with an aim of 2lb per week is realistic but still challenging. Don't expect miracles then lose hope when the results don't meet your expectations.
  • starlopez65
    Options
    I sure am!!! I so need help on what to eat I need food that's going to help me get up and go...right now I feel like I'm starving my self. Can you help?
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    hi! my original goal was 38lb( though i had already lost about 40 by that point) i am now down 15 in about 2 months. its not a super fast process. i am ok with that. i want this to last for life. who cares if it takes longer if it lasts forever? anywho i can give u tips on long term sustainable weight loss. ive kept that 40lb off for 2 years. im hoping to lose the last 22lb by october. thats an average of 5lb a month. any one can add me i log in daily and set realistic goals that i always meet! best of luck