Doing one burpee burns a calorie?

Options
I had read in men's health that performing one burpee burns one calorie. Is this true b/c I have been doing a 100 burpee's a day for a while now and haven't been adding it to my fitness pal exercises.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    100 calories isn't that much- it's like 5 small snack pretzles- consider it bonus and move on.

I wouldn't add that either.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    100 calories isn't that much- it's like 5 small snack pretzles- consider it bonus and move on.

I wouldn't add that either.

This.
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Feels like a lot when I'm doing the burpees tho!lol
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    jonnie256 wrote: »
    Feels like a lot when I'm doing the burpees tho!lol

Why are you choosing to do a hundred burpees by the way?
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thought they were a good fat burning exercise.
  • rainbowbow
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jonnie256 wrote: »
    Thought they were a good fat burning exercise.

it's important to remember that an overall calorie deficit is what's important. No one exercise is going to out-train a diet too high in calories.

Focus on your calorie deficit, and then hit your training goals with purpose. Strength training to retain muscle mass, improve joints, and overall health. Cardio for heart health. And most importantly finding ways to be active that you ENJOY and can maintain well after you reach your goals.

Although, if you enjoy doing burpees, by all means. go for it. :)
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    Oh yeah, it's also difficult to say "this exercise burns x calories for each one". It all depends on your height, weight, current fitness level, etc.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I read an article on health med. I'm sorry I was unsuccessful copying it here for you. It said Burpees can burn 8 to 14 calories per hour depending on the weight of the person as well as the effort your putting into it.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry 8 to 14 calories per min.