This is So very hard :/

Options
I do so well for a few weeks and some event will come up (this time my birthday) and I get thrown off track! Now I'm letting myself indulge all too often and I'm regressing ... Any words to help me keep strong against temptations??

Replies

• cruisingthrough
    cruisingthrough Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Picture (in the moment when you wanna get crazy) the disappointment that you'll feel the next day. Also picture what it'd be like tomorrow, a week, a month, and a year from now if you stayed on track. And reach out to here for support definitely :) feel free to add me!
  • ZiggySquish
    ZiggySquish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    keep it up! Everyone is going to have "those" days, but the ones who succeed pick it up the next day and keep going with their heads held high!!
    My sister is my best motivator, she has lost 60 pounds in the last year, and she has had several stop-n-go times where she would gain then lose, then gain, then lose. But she always tells me after a "bad day" that tomorrow is a new day, and we can always start again.
    Sometimes I google "weight loss motivation" images just to find inspirational quotes, images.. or go to www.mybodygallery.com to look at other girls at my goal weight. Anytime I feel like I need a snack, I drink a glass of water and try to think again, or tell myself I will eat it tomorrow (but usually I dont crave it by the next day, and I can say no to it!)
    KEEP WITH IT!!! You will thank yourself!! :)
  • puraze
    puraze Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Weightloss motivation on Pinterest is helpful. Also, I've started keeping track on a calendar with a :) when I have good days and a :( when I have bad days. This shows me in a month I've had more good than bad and big picturewise it's satisfying and keeps me from going off track too many days in a row.
  • thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    puraze wrote: »
    Weightloss motivation on Pinterest is helpful. Also, I've started keeping track on a calendar with a :) when I have good days and a :( when I have bad days. This shows me in a month I've had more good than bad and big picturewise it's satisfying and keeps me from going off track too many days in a row.

I read this and wanted to go home right away and start putting dots on my calendar for good and bad days. It's a great idea! That way you can track the trends.

As for dealing with temptation, well... What's harder: resisting the urge to eat the bad food, or dealing with the self loathing later?

That said, if you fall off the wagon - get back on. It's when you have bad days all in a row that you've got to take a step back, reevaluate and recommit to your purpose. You're doing this for you, don't sabotage your goals for the sake of a quick fix. And, if you do, just try not to do it again.

"It's okay to take a holiday - just don't unpack and stay there".