I am starting a new lifestyle for myself: no alcohol or smoking, daily exercise and healthy food.

Options
I gained a lot of weight by drinking too much regularly... two or three beers most nights and more at parties... plus the 20 year smoking habit which did nothing to improve my physique. Losing the beer gut will be a nice incentive for forming healthy habits. I am on day 13. So far it is going well. Today I was over my calorie goal, though. I guess I will do aerobics before bed. This site really helps me to hold myself accountable. Thanks myfitnesspal folks!

Replies

• Wentra12
    Wentra12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pretty nice to have this in your tool chest, huh? Happy to hear you are ready to make nothing but great changes for you in your life. Keep being the best version of you your able to bring forth each day. High five!
  • Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Go you!!! Now if only I could get the not smoking thing down, I'd be good to go! Lol
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of changes to make at once. Don't get discouraged if you occasionally go over in calories. Wishin' you the best!
  • ZiggySquish
    ZiggySquish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I agree, its a lot of changes to make at once! But I've heard of it happening. Just dont get discouraged if you have a bad day or week!! Its a journey that will last for years, a few hiccups here and there are bound to happen. Just keep with it and stay connected with us here, great motivation! :):)
  • smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking and smoking in January. I started jogging in March. Pretty sure my body doesn't know what to make of all these healthy changes.lol
  • smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I did notice the first few weeks were the toughest. Just keep your goal in mind and notice how much healthier you are feeling.
  • emilybiggs468
    emilybiggs468 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this properly for a couple of months now and I've decided I'm needing to quit smoking because it is stopping me exercise as much as I would like
  • AntsyAngler
    AntsyAngler Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good Job! It's tough, but so worth it. I can feel the difference when I jog.