Help with breakfast, fyi I'm in vegetarian

Options
Everyday for the last 9 1/2 months I eat the same thing 2 or 3 eggs with toast,and strawberry preserve or oatmeal with chia seeds, cinnamon and syrup or honey, so tired of the same thing.I'm down 65 lbs and 90 lbs to go.please help, I can use all the support I can get!

Replies

• armanka3
    armanka3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a creature of nature so I tend to migrate to the same old foods because I know the micro break down. I am also vegetarian and find it hard to balance a healthy diet. Here are a few of my favorites: if you like avocado.... I would suggest whole wheat bread with mashed avocado (season with salt and pepper. I like red pepper flakes on mine as well). I also add a half banana with that meal because it's a great combination of protein and carbohydrates. I also make egg whites with broccoli, green onion and reduced fat cheese... So good. If you workout after you eat breakfast, I'd also add a rice cake or whole wheat English muffin with a tbs of all natural peanut butter for added energy to get you through your workout. Hope this gives you a little inspiration
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sorry I prefer meat. :neutral:
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I do a spinach kale smoothie with a scoop of protein powder.
  • timCt203
    timCt203 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's sounds good!! thanks
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    If you eat eggs, do you eat cheese? Then I'd try a veggie omlet with some avacado slices.
  • newjerseychick39
    newjerseychick39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have weetabix and almond milk plus a measured OJ or 14 (yes 14!) mini fruit and nuts Nestle weeties plus almond milk and a measured OJ
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    French toast, protein pancakes, smoothies, almond milk, greek yogurt savoury or sweet, muffins, omelet, frittata,
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I've been having Greek yogurt (honey flavored) with prunes or other fruit, a peanut butter sandwich with a glass of V8 vegetable juice, cereal with milk, a granola bar or dinner leftovers for breakfast. I don't like to cook in the morning.
    You can eat any food at any time of day.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt--lots of protein. I like tofu scrambles (less chloresterol). Peanut butter in my oatmeal. Crunchy peanutbutter. It is all about variety. Make a frittata instead of fried eggs. I love dinner for breakfast--fried rice and veggies. Have fun.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    spiced potatoes with eggs. Look up the Bill Granger recipe.
  • a_dub
    a_dub Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, too. Here's some options I like:
    A banana with almond butter on top
    English muffin breakfast sandwich with scrambled egg whites, cheddar cheese, and spinach
    Green smoothie (almond milk, spinach, chia seeds, and banana)
    PB&J Greek yogurt (almond butter and smashed fruit)
    Kashi waffles with almond butter and smashed fruit on top
    Greek yogurt with Kashi Go-Lean Crunch mixed in
  • ashtree42
    ashtree42 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Two breakfasts I've found to be easy on the calories, yet keep me from feeling hungry the longest are

(1) Oatmeal (plain, 3/8 cup dry), with a serving of protein powder, and half an apple chopped up in it. I used to add a some honey, cut back a bit, and after a while realized the oats and apple were sweet enough for me.

(2) Kashi Go Lean cereal (1 cup) and chopped fresh strawberries, mixed in yogurt (1 cup European style, which is nice and smooth)
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    -Eggs or tofu with Morningstar sausage, wilted greens
    -smoothie (I drink them 5 days a week, check out my food diary.)
    -cottage cheese and fruit
  • ZiggySquish
    ZiggySquish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    eggs and potatoes with a side of salsa, and a citrus fruit! Its good to start out my day with a good amount of potassium...
    On days when I don't want to think much I'll have a bowl of cereal, (vanilla almond crunch) with whole milk, and a citrus fruit
    I love the avacado on toast idea, especially that Daves Killer Bread, so good!

I wish I could do oatmeal, but I haven't gotten creative enough with it, and those prepackaged "maple and brown sugar" ones will get me into trouble... lol
    (before I counted cals, I would make oatmeal with bananas, peanut butter, cranberries, raisins, walnut chunks, brown sugar and honey, topped with cream or milk. total comfort food, completely HUGE serving size....) So I generally stay away from oatmeal now, because its just never as good as I want it to be, haha!!
  • melissafofissa
    melissafofissa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    armanka3 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm a creature of nature so I tend to migrate to the same old foods because I know the micro break down. I am also vegetarian and find it hard to balance a healthy diet. Here are a few of my favorites: if you like avocado.... I would suggest whole wheat bread with mashed avocado (season with salt and pepper. I like red pepper flakes on mine as well). I also add a half banana with that meal because it's a great combination of protein and carbohydrates. I also make egg whites with broccoli, green onion and reduced fat cheese... So good. If you workout after you eat breakfast, I'd also add a rice cake or whole wheat English muffin with a tbs of all natural peanut butter for added energy to get you through your workout. Hope this gives you a little inspiration

Egg whites scrambled with broccoli?
  • melissafofissa
    melissafofissa Posts: 20 Member
    Options

jgnatca wrote: »
    French toast, protein pancakes, smoothies, almond milk, greek yogurt savoury or sweet, muffins, omelet, frittata,

What's in a protein pancake? Powder? Nut butter?
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Edwardshar wrote: »
    Sorry I prefer meat. :neutral:
    For breakfast? Weird meat for breakfast is odd.
    Anyway if you are treating yourself you can go pancakes. Fruit salad homemade or otherwise is good. Leftovers is always a favourite for many. You can do anything with oats will go well but I'd suggest not to eat too fast or using heavy too much sugar to burn slowly. Fruit such as oranges can be easily turned to good juices and vegetable juices if you like the taste of that. It depends on how heavy or light a breakfast you want.

• hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Egg sandwiches on bagels or english muffins
    Omelettes (add a bunch of veggies and some cheese)
    Cereal
    English muffin or toast with peanut butter and banana
    Eggs cooked with salsa and some avocado on top
    Muffins
    Smoothies
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Check out the Post Punk Kitchen website - it's vegan, but man-awesome recipies!
  • BatgirlLifts
    BatgirlLifts Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I love soya yoghurt (vanilla), granola and fruit, works lovely. You could add seeds / nuts to it or make your own granola but I buy shop bought for ease.