HOw would you track this?

Options
wiffe
wiffe Posts: 224 Member
I am on week 3 day 3 and this is what i ended up doing?

I did the 5 in warm up, 90 sec jog, 90 sec walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk, 90 sec run, 90 sec walk and instead of a 3 min run i did a 7 min run then 4 min cool down. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I liked the song during the last 3 min run and just kept going. Might've done more but my knee was getting tight.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I used to take total time and total distance and log it as a jogging (or fast walking) average. You also have the option of logging your speeds (if you know them) for each small length of time separately.
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    You can always get a heart rate monitor and calculate the calories burned with that. I just got mine and it has already helped me out a ton.
  • cfmusgrove
    cfmusgrove Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    get a heart rate monitor and then you'll know exactly how many calories you burn, no matter what the activity is...
  • dianeensey
    dianeensey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I figure out what my average mph was - 60 X (time you ran/distance you ran) = mph and then just use that to log.

So, for example I walk/jogged 1.98 miles in 30 minutes. 60 X (20/1.98) = 3.96mph I do a mixture of walking 4.0 miles (say 27 minutes) and the remainder the next-lower speed, but I'm obsessive about it that way :-)