So... hungry..

Options
Actually I am not sure! Boo. I am eating smaller portions and I am FREAKIN starving. :( I think. I am not sure whether or not it is because I am super bored or that I am actually in need of FOOD. :(

Am I the only one that has felt this way?

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Grab some raw vegies.... low cals and will fill the void.
  • bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    i can never tell if i'm actually hungry or just bored lol
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    No, No you are not! Until you get used to the smaller size, you will feel those rumblings in your belly. Your body may be craving more food cause that is what its used to. I usually would eat a healthy snack or have some water to keep it from driving me nuts!! I also upped my calories to 1400 recently because I felt insane with 1200. That made me feel much better!!
  • Skinnymomma11
    Options
    I felt the same way. When I am bored or have nothing to do then I tend to get hungry, so I just snack on baby carrots, apples, and or any fruit or vegetables. Sometime when I do that, I have change of thinking and get out do something. With the gas prices are so high, I couldnt go anywhere, so I take my baby outside and play with him and go for a mini walk few time a day..

So u arent alone when boredom come to it.

Good Luck have a great day! :)
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Your diary isn't open so the suggestions are general. Increasing fats and protein will keep you feeling fuller longer. Try increasing these. If you think you just have the munchies - baby carrots are great. You can eat a whole bag for under a couple of hundred calories and by the time you do your jaw is so sore that you don't want more food.

Good Luck!
  • kandyland86
    kandyland86 Posts: 34
    Options
    i start every meal off with a full glass of water then i take a bite or two take a gulp of water and i find that it helps me fill up and there are no calories in water. i also eat small amounts through out the day! .... 830-930 breakfast 1030-1130 snack 12-1 lunch 230-330 snack 530-630 supper 8-9 snack if im hungry! .... but if all else fails .... burn enough calories BEFORE you eat something else! hope that helps. and GL!
  • ali06013
    ali06013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am hungry all the time, too. I make sure to drink plenty of water and eat lots of high fiber vegatables.

Also, I always found myself craving more food shortly after eating '100 calorie packs,' meal-replacement bars, or protein shakes; eating real, wholesome, nutrient-balanced real food (while controlling your portions) is the best way to go because there's more volume in it, so you will feel fuller longer.
  • dedmon
    dedmon Posts: 19
    Options
    I drink nearly a gallon of water a day, so honestly I'm never really hungry. Most times I force myself to intake the amount of calories that I do just to ensure that I can endure my long work out regimen. But....being hungry and craving things are two separate things and I crave a crap load of stuff all the time. lol
  • farewellantic
    Options
    I would love to get out and do things but I did a spinning class AND Day 2 of Insanity. So my knees are KILLING ME. So I am tryying to not eat. I am the MASTER of overeating. If its put in front of me, I will do my best to eat it all. I learned this in church. They kept telling me that it was rude to not eat everything given to me. Thus, have to rewire. I ate 4 GINORMOUS strawberries and was hungry still. Drank water. Still hungry. Ate 1/2 a tortilla. Thank goodness dinnertime is close!
  • dedmon
    dedmon Posts: 19
    Options
    If you're truly hungry....(not salivating for something, but truly have stomach discomfort) then you should eat. Forget the clock and listen to your body first. Your body is telling you what it wants with no discrimination, feed it then go out for a walk. But if your body is telling you that it wants something specific...then obviously your just craving something, ignore it and go out for a walk.