Trying to loose weight after baby!

Options
need motivation to get this body on track is the hardest for me with this overweight gain.

Replies

• akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have so been there! How old is your baby? I started walking with the stroller the day we came home from the hospital. It's hard because you can't really exercise in the beginning, but get out of the house as much as you can... and having baby out during the daylight also helps him or her to sort out day and night. Are you nursing? That helped me to lose a lot of weight but also made me really hungry... especially if you're nursing, it's really important to focus on eating healthy foods since that all gets to your baby! I am now almost 30 lbs below my PP weight and feel great... it's so nice being able to get out and be active with my son (now two). We go for runs together (with him in the jogger), run around the park, etc. It's also so important for me to be a healthy role model for him!

If your baby is really small, just try not to be too hard on yourself. It's a tough time with a lot of adjustment... the weight will come off, but it may take time in the very beginning! Be sure to enjoy those precious moments with your babies.
  • suhanisuri
    suhanisuri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand where you are coming from. It is so hard expecially when you are sleep deprived, and the baby takes up most of your time. It took awhile for me to come to terms with this, but it really does take time, we have become so much more busier its hard to focus 100% on loosing weight. Here are some of the things that have helped me:
    I have peanut butter in the house, it really helps boost your metabolism, and I have a little in themorning,either in a smoothie or on toast. I also have green tea, avacado etc at all times. Great to boose metabolism and high in fibre and protein. If you are breastfeeding,or whether you are not, have some healthy snacks available. I will buy fruit then cut it up and store it in the fridge, that way its easy when my son goes down for a nap, or i nibble some alongside feeding him. Have granola bars, special K bars etc. things that are around 120 calories or less. I always have a glass of water around me, that way i can reach for it easily. My boyfriend's schedule does shift periodically, if you have a spouse or a family member that can watch your baby, take 30-60 min to workout. I started off at home in the living room, when my baby went down for the night doing some basic workouts, you can find stuff online that is easy and cheap. I have a gym in my building so I have started going down before my boyfriend goes to work and it is great 'me-time' as well. The weather has started getting nicer as well, so i go on walks with the baby and my dog, its a great way to get out of the house. Start off small and gradually build yourself up.
  • cqt247
    cqt247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch ladies for your feedback! Great advice...will do!
    My daughter is 20 months old and I am still trying to loose the weight. I was very thin before my prego self. And with this time around with my second it is hard!!! She doesn't sleep thru the night and takes short naps during the day. So I loose a lot of rest for my self. I was not able to breastfeed with her at all. Really wish I could've :( but anyway...I'm determined this time around and open for anything cause I will try anything to get on track to loosing 40 pounds. That's my goal! I'm taking baby steps