Need Motivational Support!

Options
Trying to lose 50 lbs and doing it with this app! I need all the motivation I can get! By the grace of God I will lose this weight

Replies

• jacksp73
    jacksp73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me....working on motivation too!
  • amybiggy
    amybiggy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Motivation is in YOU. Unless you really want to do it, it ain't gonna happen. You can get all the inspiration, encouragement, support, and cheering for you, but if you're not really wanting to do it, then all of that doesn't matter.
    Also, if you DON'T get the support or inspiration you need, true motivation will still have you carry out and get you to your goal. Obstacles and deterrences won't stop you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LessofPenny
    LessofPenny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you are welcome to add me as well. I log daily and I am very transparent with my diary.....keeps me on track to know that someone will be checking in on me. If I go over....I still log....Stay with it....if you are sick and tired of being sick and tired then now is your time.
  • hashTag_Wade
    hashTag_Wade Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Be a wolf. Be a lion. Take no *kitten*. Set goals, smash them. I turned 40 last October, which is when I got a Fitbit, and since then have lost 40 pounds - I hit my goal weight a few weeks ago. In October 2014, I changed my eating habits (started using MyFitnessPal), started P90X3 (have not missed a workout since 11/3 when I started, currently in my second round), and also started training for 1/2 marathons and triathlons this summer. I ran, and PR'd in, a 1/2 marathon last Sunday. "There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between." I love that quote and read it every day. That one, along with this one - “It isn't sufficient just to WANT - you've got to ask yourself what you are going to do to get the things you want.” Every day I try to dedicate at least 30 min to going all out.

If you commit, really commit,you will definitely achieve your goals. Fitness and eating well are not just a strategy, though. It has to become a lifestyle. Welcome to it and good luck. Every day you commit to healthy eating choices and get that workout in, just remember that "you are better than were yesterday, but not as good you will be tomorrow." That idea has brought me so far in this journey. Always remember...it will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. You will need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will, at times, need to push your body to its max. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's so totally worth it.

GOOD LUCK!
  • ladyashen
    ladyashen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I could use some motivation as well. You motivate me, I'll motivate you! lol
  • hashTag_Wade
    hashTag_Wade Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Motivation is in YOU. Unless you really want to do it, it ain't gonna happen. You can get all the inspiration, encouragement, support, and cheering for you, but if you're not really wanting to do it, then all of that doesn't matter.
    Also, if you DON'T get the support or inspiration you need, true motivation will still have you carry out and get you to your goal. Obstacles and deterrences won't stop you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Well said!