Newbie Here! :)

Options
star1783
star1783 Posts: 13 Member
Hello! I'm looking for support buddies! :) I have 50lbs I would love to lose!

How is everyone doing losing weight, and what are you doing to lose weight?

~Niki

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! I lost 25 pounds so far by just sticking to the calories they have set for me and watching my sodium. I walk around 20-30 minutes a few times a week also. Good Luck. :smile:
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I switched from Weight watchers and love it here! GOOD LUCK! feel free to add me if you like. I eat at or below 1100 net calories. I am really short, though... 4 feet 11.5 inches. Yes, that half inch is really important. So, with the 1200 cals a day, I wouldn't even lose 1 lb a week. I love to walk... usually I get at least 3 30-minute walks per week. I will also run in place in my office if it comes down to it.
  • Ty_1227
    Ty_1227 Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck!

I'm still relatively new myself, but in my opinion MFP is a fantastic site - the food diary / fitness tracking is easy to use and a simple method to reach your goals and you'll almost always find loads of support and encouragement from everyone on the forums! Hope you like it and stick with it!

-Ty
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Welcome,,,I have 25 more lbs to lose and have lost 19 so far just by watching what I eat,,,lots of fruit and fresh veggies in my diet now,,portion size control and exercise......Good Luck to you...add me as a friend if you like.....we can be encouragment buddies...
  • miclavd
    miclavd Posts: 15
    Options
    Just set your goals on here, watch what you eat, and exercise is some way shape or form. MFP really makes you realize what you are putting in your body.
  • star1783
    star1783 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :)

Thanks for the moto! I know that this isn't going to be easy!