Replies

• tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Yep, that looks like a keeper!
  • plzbaby
    plzbaby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize more ideas had been posted. Thank you all! I have tried Tinascar2015's suggestion and going to do bgoodsmile's this week and kitinthecat's the week after. This board is fantastic!!
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas here. Thank you to everyone who shared. :)
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I usually grill too. This is a wonderful seasoning on pork or chicken.

Italian Herb Rub
    Source: Soup Spice Everything Nice
    Makes approx. 4 Tbsp

Ingredients

1 Tbsp dried rosemary
    1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
    3/4 tsp ground sage
    1-1/2 tsp dried minced garlic
    1 Tbsp kosher salt
    1-1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a mortar and pestle. Crush with pestle until rosemary is broken into small pieces. If you do not have a mortar and pestle, break rosemary up by hand. Use to season beef, pork, chicken or fish. Store in airtight container until ready to use.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of the folks, I saw tenderloin and crock pot together and thought wait a minute. You probably could do it, I don't know how though.
    Here's the very simplest way I know.
    • Get a pan very hot.
    • Heat a little fat, oil or grease (like bacon grease), for about a minute.
    • Add a piece or two of pork tenderloin cut about 1 inch thick. Put them into the pan, with a lot of space in between, and don't touch, poke or move. The meat should instantly stick to the pan but it will let go by itself after a couple minutes. While it's stuck a delicious golden brown crust is forming.
    • After 2 or 3 minutes turn and cook another minute or two. 5 or 6 minutes total.
    This is fast food as it should be. It's it well worth practicing the technique until you're comfortable with it.
    By the way this is the exact same way you sear a sturdy thick fish fillet.